cleaning your tea/coffee mug?

mate of mine once cleaned a blokes mug at work as it looked like the tail pipe of an exhaust.
The bloke went absolutely mental saying the tea tasted better from his manky cup??
Cleaner at Longbenton gave my mates mug a wash , he used the bucket of water which had been used to clean the bins, stairs, toilets etc

Me and the wife (no) have different strategy. We have eleventy billion mugs. 1-3 cuppas in each one before a wash. The dishwasher goes on about three times a day. We love a tea.

One of the apprentices cleans mine every time.
That’s what a bloke used to think when I was a apprentice, but he was such a dick I used to have a piss in it every day, it did get rinsed every night but for 2 years I felt very satisfied every time he was a dick to the younger lads, and he never found out to this day

Do you think they have a little stand with a selection of cups, on a building site?

hand full of sand and the cup comes up like new, then just a quick rinse, job done,
I get that people like their own cup, but why is more my point teed mate.

I get that people like their own cup, but why is more my point teed mate.
Well it's not a matter liking your own cup, more a matter of, If you don't have one, you get no tea, working in a place that has decent facilities is a different matter, so I agree with you in that scenario.

That’s what a bloke used to think when I was a apprentice, but he was such a dick I used to have a piss in it every day, it did get rinsed every night but for 2 years I felt very satisfied every time he was a dick to the younger lads, and he never found out to this day
I’m no bother with the young uns, pair of canny lads.

Well it's not a matter liking your own cup, more a matter of, If you don't have one, you get no tea, working in a place that has decent facilities is a different matter, so I agree with you in that scenario.
Tbh I only ever nip in cafe or food van for a brew and a sarnie but I do notice all the young lads on site buying tea and bait, maybe it’s an age thing.

The minging cup might have been mine like. Never used to get washed for months until one of the lasses used to bleach it out of disgust.

Tbh I only ever nip in cafe or food van for a brew and a sarnie but I do notice all the young lads on site buying tea and bait, maybe it’s an age thing.
When you've worked out in the middle of nowhere x amount of times, you learn to take your own bait, tea/coffee, where ever you work, always pays to be prepared... ;)

i have a metal one and its manky..I tend to use a bit wire wool every 3 months just to strip it back to the metal, buy I like the tannin build up, it all adds to the flavour

I think mine gets so dirty as I let it brew for ages

Back