Clean Sheets

I’m sure this is why a lot of people didn’t want Parkinson, because of his clean sheet first philosophy?

I’m sure this is why a lot of people didn’t want Parkinson, because of his clean sheet first philosophy?
At the time he was a underwhelming appointment, delighted to have been proved wrong, assuming he gets us promoted.

This must be one of our best ever runs for clean sheets? I can remember I think in the early 80's we did 6 league games without conceding in the top flight and drew a lot of them 0-0, but this current run has to be up there now. I can't remember anything better?

Its 8 in the last 9 games now.

we had great run of clean sheets with shay given in goal iirc. can't remember how long it was but i remember being pissed off when murray wouldn't give the money to sign him permanently.

Great to see 8/9 clean sheets.

I hope we learned from the 2/0 defeat at Portsmouth, where our defending of set pieces was targeted by the opposition.

Can’t let Fleetwood, Coventry, Rotherham (or anybody else) any opportunity to do similar.

Great to see 8/9 clean sheets.

I hope we learned from the 2/0 defeat at Portsmouth, where our defending of set pieces was targeted by the opposition.

Can’t let Fleetwood, Coventry, Rotherham (or anybody else) any opportunity to do similar.

This. Rovers yesterday had a clear game plan to get the ball wide and crossed in behind the defence. We do still look a bit vulnerable to balls into the box, so hopefully it’s something Parkys working on. Wasn’t a million miles away from giving Rovers success in the first half

I thought Blackburn wouldn't sell him?
i always thought we only needed another few grand to get him that murray was for whatever reason unwilling to part with. it rings a bell that it was mentioned at one of the talk ins with players of that era or even reid himself.
one of the best keepers i've seen playing for us, shame he ended up the road.
my memories not the best and i could be wrong mind.
edit, i'm not bitter mind, it's the way things go sometimes. given went on to have a great career and i have no gripes with murray.

Last edited:

Back