Claude Puel- why do fans seem to hate him?

mackemdr

Midfield
I must be missing something.

Got Southampton 8th and to the league cup final.

Leicester currently 9th and doing alright but hes apparently close to losing his job.

Surely thats both clubs to their peak?
As Southampton have since shown. Its not that easy to follow...

Seems ridiculous to me

Last edited:

Modern day football expecting to be entertained and winning. the best of both worlds.

Seems his football isn't great but gets results to be top half. Leicester fans need to pipe down imo, as do Southampton fans as they've not exactly been class since he left

Leicester fans have seemed to become complete wankers after their one season wonder tbh. Complaining about the style of football under Puel when 10 years ago they were in League 1. Quickly forgotten where they came from. Mid table in the premier league is their peak unless a billionaire decides to do a City with them.

Leicester currently 9th and doing alright but hes apparently close to losing his job.

Seems ridiculous to me

His cracks lifting.....Le dour Frog

Leicester fans have seemed to become complete wankers after their one season wonder tbh. Complaining about the style of football under Puel when 10 years ago they were in League 1. Quickly forgotten where they came from. Mid table in the premier league is their peak unless a billionaire decides to do a City with them.

I was thinking that like. They had that one season that probably won't be repeated by any club for decades and now some seem to think they should be challenging for Europe every season. As you say they're in a decent position, no chance of relegation, chance of 7th place, I wouldn't have thought it was desperate enough that they need to kick him out. I'm not against fans wanting to see improvement, and maybe the football is bloody awful under him, but realistically the best most teams can hope for is 7th and they're only 2 points away from that at this stage

He didn't help himself by fielding weak sides in the cup competitions.

He is pretty aloof as well, by appearance and by all accounts. Not sure that should matter but it seems to.

My boss is from Leicester, and he spends three days a week up here. He tells me that they all want the Benitez down there whenever they eventually get rid of Puel, something he says might have happened by now had it not been for the tragedy with the owner.

Hope they aren't expecting dashing football if the waiter turns up mind!

Didn’t he play 3 defensive midfielders in a home game the other week?

Why can’t fans have a go, are managers exempt from criticism just because of where the club was 10 years ago?

Didn’t he play 3 defensive midfielders in a home game the other week?

Why can’t fans have a go, are managers exempt from criticism just because of where the club was 10 years ago?

Because it’s completely over the top, that’s why. They finished in a decent position last year and are on course to this year as well. They’ve had one or two poor losses but have also beaten City and Chelsea in recent weeks.

Seems ridiculous to me

Doing an amazing job.

Back