Classic early Ibiza tunes

Tune marra
I was in ibiza in 93 and 4 and used to go to cafe del Mar all the time, listening to a man called Adam 'estelle' which was our holiday tune.

Got back and tried to buy it but found they didn't ever release it, though got it on one of the first cafe del Mar albums.
My favourite by them, got me into the acid jazz label.
Estelle was the one I was going to post. ;)

Might as well post these two beauties!

Estelle was the one I was going to post. ;)

Might as well post these two beauties!

I'm trying to find a compilation I had with this on from 1990 but I'm struggling.
Then had a flashback to another I bought.

That's not actually the correct track listing, seems a bit of a mishmash.
TracklistHide Credits
1StarlightNumero Uno5:59
2Raúl OrellanaGuitarra (Acid Remix)6:36
3Candy FlipLove Is Life (Adrenalin 6 Mix)5:58
4Raimunda NavarroTe Amo6:58
5Loleatta HollowayLove Sensation (Special Dutch House Mix)
7:36
6Brooklyn ExpressSixty-Nine9:06
7Koxo' Club BandParadhouse (Remix)
6:25
8Illusion (2)Why Can't We Live Together (Love & Unity Remix)
6:23
9KariyaLet Me Love You For Tonight
6:17
10Rhythim Is RhythimStrings Of Life (Piano Mix)7:31

Last edited:
it'd have to be mid - late 80's for me

a mixture of the euro jet set, retired film stars, uk blaggers, hooligans and various other weirdos all getting down to a sound track of odd rock album tracks, early house, pop, nu beat and god knows what else

i'd imagine that being in a heightened state and hearing the theme from hill street blues as the sun was coming up, would be quite the moment :lol:

Not early early but tune

Thats on one of my first ever Essential mixes I ever heard - Nicky Holloway at Ku sometime in 1995 - as a 15 year old it blew me away. Everyone at school was listening to f***ing bass generator happy hardcore and i was listen to this :cool:
Class tune that man.

Great chill out stuff the Cafe Del Mar albums.
Class tune that man.

Great chill out stuff the Cafe Del Mar albums.

Grab the Jose Padilla Essential Mix from 1995 - just f***ing briliant . Think he was the original resident at cafe del mar. Still sounds good now.

Last edited:
Thats on one of my first ever Essential mixes I ever heard - Nicky Holloway at Ku sometime in 1995 - as a 15 year old it blew me away. Everyone at school was listening to f***ing bass generator happy hardcore and i was listen to this :cool:

Grab the Jose Padilla Essential Mix from 1995 - just f***ing briliant . Think he was the original resident at cafe del mar. Still sounds good now.
Saw paddilla at cafe del mar a few times. Awesome. I preferred the sunset and chilled experience more than the clubs

remember hearing that NH mix. what a mess!. obviously coked off his head, as he was hardly letting the records play, before the next one was on :lol: on the plus side, he reminded me of the great that is company b "fascinated" and leftfield mix of inner city's "hallelujah"

as for JP

i'm fortunate to be very good friends with phil mison, who was invited by jose, to be a resident at the CDM, in the early / mid 90's. what a top lad

Last edited:

Back