Classic albums you just don't "get"

That squeaky media woman, whose da worked with asbestos, and who lived with the other media wanker and became an ‘author’ once said in a record review column she had “get thee to the reggae shop and get influenced”. I’m paraphrasing, mebees. Do some people actually do this kind of shit? Do they try to get ‘influenced’ by shit?

Please translate this into English.

Anything by Yes.
I really like most prog sort of stuff because of my age, but never got the attraction. They always had decent album covers mind.

And anybody who doesn't like DSoTM should be taken out into the snow and left.
Used to listen to them in my teens, when I thought it was hip and trendy.

Later on, I realised that life was too short to listen to such long, overblown tracks.
I've listened to Dark side of the moon sober and while high....it's pap and over rated.
Still enjoy DSOTM and Wish You Were Here occasionally. In its time, it was amazing, and that was my time.

Their other stuff, including that with Syd Barrett, I can take or leave.

Last edited:
Rush 2112.
People raved about it when it first came out but to my ears it was absolute crap. It gets worse with age anarl!
I remember the first time I heard 2112 back in 1980. All the older kids raved about it and had the logo on their haversacks. When I listened to it, I just didn`t get it. There were all these quiet bits and it all seemed so disjointed to my ever so young ears. I pushed it to one side. A few weeks later I tried again. This time a few passages of the first side piqued my interest, enough to make me listen again and that was IT. Everything just fell into place and from that moment I was obsessed with it and RUSH became my favourite group. I bought everything they did and I have followed their career through all of the musical twists and turns ever since. I absolutely love that album to this day BUT I do understand why some people don`t like it or don`t like Rush.

Back