Classic Albums tonight

Much prefer the debut album The Hurting and the tracks Pale Shelter and Change.

Great "moves" by Roland in the "Pale Shelter" video, and i love the clip in the "Change" video when Roland gets hit square in the eye with a paper plane....looked like it hurt too :D

Songs from the Big Chair too poncey and mainstream imo.

Great "moves" by Roland in the "Pale Shelter" video, and i love the clip in the "Change" video when Roland gets hit square in the eye with a paper plane....looked like it hurt too :D

I can’t agree with that. I understand you liking The Hurting but there’s a helluva lot going on on Songs From The Big Chair, it’s not all mainstream.
Listen to this, listen to what is going on.
Yes great album and as you say underrated. Loved this track
That’s one of the stand out moments live.... Break it Down Again.

I can’t agree with that. I understand you liking The Hurting but there’s a helluva lot going on on Songs From The Big Chair, it’s not all mainstream.
Listen to this, listen to what is going on.

That’s one of the stand out moments live.... Break it Down Again.

Hear what your saying.. just prefered the debut album when they wore Chinese slippers, long rain coats and carried copies of Albert Camus in their pockets.

I'll still watch the documentary tonight as I love all that stuff BBC4 do.....plus, when "Shout" was blasting over the airwaves the lads were on their way to Wembley '85 :cool:

I’ve seen them live four times and they’ve finished with Shout. It’s like a footy anthem really.
They go off and the crowd chant Shout full blast as they leave and as the crowd depart, at Leeds there were hundreds outside singing it.
Great Anthem.
Well, I thought that was great and they spent as much time on The Hurting as S F TBC.

Last edited:
Hear what your saying.. just prefered the debut album when they wore Chinese slippers, long rain coats and carried copies of Albert Camus in their pockets.

I'll still watch the documentary tonight as I love all that stuff BBC4 do.....plus, when "Shout" was blasting over the airwaves the lads were on their way to Wembley '85 :cool:
All put on though ,6 months before they were mods
Great first album but massively lifted from things like Peter Gabriel 111.
SFTBC was the last decent thing they did and like earlier stuff had a good mix of ideas going on

Anyone see them at City Hall first tour when Curt went for a slash ?

Last edited:
All put on though ,6 months before they were mods
Great first album but massively lifted from things like Peter Gabriel 111.
SFTBC was the last decent thing they did and like earlier stuff had a good mix of ideas going on

Anyone see them at City Hall first tour when Curt went for a slash ?
You should listen to Elemental and Seeds of Love.

pale shelter is tremendous

Back