'Classic Albums' that really aren't that good

Surely AC/DC are more 'punk' than say Sham 69?
That's if you're counting punk as a positive thing...

Strangely enough I've found the latest BOC album to be the most 'listener-friendly' one that I've heard by them. I'm no expert mind I only own Agents of Fortune
@cluffy you have an incredible back catalogue to explore. Their new album, their first in 19 years is great and so much better than I dared hoped for after so long. I`m chuffed to bits with it.

Its definitely not that, songs you can describe as breath takingly beautiful would be How to disappear, Dreaming, Reckoner etc (most of Kid A, In Rainbows, and the latter half of TKoL are).

It's obviously a very good record though, which I think is more the point you were making.

I’d describe Let Down as breathtakingly beautiful. That is the point though yes.

Can - Tago Mago. Half of it is great but no one ever listens to it in full.
Yes.

+ Ege Bamyasi is a nicer LP
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this marra....

The last three songs are absolutely classn(whole record is tbh).

Sister Morphine possibly their best ever song.
The Sticky Fingers last one being among the most spectacular going. I was playing through Sister Morphine yesterday.

Last edited:
Lifes too short.

I had a mate at uni who played it loads and I didn't get it.

A year or 2 later I was in the shower humming this odd tune to myself and I realised with a shock of horror it was a track of TMR. Gave the albums a spin, loved it.

No idea why it took so long to click, it just did

I had a mate at uni who played it loads and I didn't get it.

A year or 2 later I was in the shower humming this odd tune to myself and I realised with a shock of horror it was a track of TMR. Gave the albums a spin, loved it.

No idea why it took so long to click, it just did
I’m 60. I first heard it when I was 19. I’ve tried it. Same with Astral Weeks. I can’t be arsed with either any more. If I wanna force feed myself music I’ve a few Sun Ra albums to tuck into.

Back