Clamping down on the morning after drivers

If they could, they’d be unlikely to cause an accident now wouldn’t they? Well maybe not GTA , you can probably play that pissed ok. But F1 or GT are simulators and therefore a good representation.
Precisely Dave. You mow down my Ma then do a clear round on a GT simulator and all would be forgiven. You stud. I'd even ask you to drive the hearse after necking a bottle of Famous Grouse as a show of no hard feelings.

From Durham Police facey -

While carrying out drink drive checks at Thinford yesterday, one driver took exception and told us we should be catching burglars instead. Needless to say he blew four times over the limit. The 45-year-old man was arrested and charged.

It's like the anti police drivel I'd expect on here.
Result, belter.

While carrying out drink drive checks at Thinford yesterday, one driver took exception and told us we should be catching burglars instead. Needless to say he blew four times over the limit. The 45-year-old man was arrested and charged.

Result, belter.
The burglars probably nicked his F1 simulator game, he has every right to be pissed off. If it hadn't been nicked, he could have tested himself and wouldn't have been getting into the car pissed.

Should just buy a breathalyser for the car to make sure

Result, belter.

Tbf he was pissed

You talk bollocks when pissed

Result, belter.

He must have been on a canny session. 4 times over is like 8 pints worth still in your blood! Probably been on the coke and not been to bed.

Big operation near Chester Le St this morning. Funnelling people into lay-by and breathalysing everyone. Good job it wasn’t yesterday morning :lol:
I still think being caught the morning after shouldn’t result in a ban. It’s hardly the same as getting mortal and trying to drive home.
Getting hammered, having a couple of hours sleep, quick shower then driving is still possibly going to kill you, someone else or both

Don't mind the police doing it at all. But you very rarely see them doing the same at 23:00 at night trying to catch people leaving the pubs

You cant sit outside pubs. You'd get no one. Durhams area is largely made up of small towns with pubs spread out. Tip up round the corner of one or two pubs and you could be waiting for hours just to pull 2 or 3 cars. This way is a blanket unbiased spread of people driving on a morning. It works.

I imagine your right however really that shouldn’t dictate the campaigns. It should be based on when is best to do it. Not sure of the statistics mind ie when the most accidents occur in relation to drink driving.

Surely the money raised in fines could subsidise the overtime for the officers required?

Aye, just get the cops already having leave cancelled to do that bit more.

Result, belter.

Thats brilliant. Would have a big grin on my face all the way back to custody

Last edited:
Getting hammered, having a couple of hours sleep, quick shower then driving is still possibly going to kill you, someone else or both
Yeah but you do that knowing you’re on shaky ground. I’m thinking more of the people who finish drinking at a sensible time and have 8 hours kip but still somehow fail cos those last few dregs of alcohol are still present.

He thinks speeding is ok. Shows you the type of driver he is
I just got a callback from HR. We had to fill in a driving questionnaire. Apparently an acceptable answer to the question “What kind of driver are you?” isn’t “Fast”.

Last edited:
:lol:

Go and have 10 pints then try playing a driving video game. You can’t stay on the track.
Then go to bed for 8 hours and try the same game again. You can easily stay on the track and even win races. Do you see?
That’s he same with fifa, I new I should of been called up to the World Cup squad, we would of won it and not got knocked out by Croatia

hope the op's mind isn't changed because a loved one is maimed or killed by a still under the influence the morning after driver there mate. harsh way to have your mind changed imo but if it forces the op to change his mind and his ways and in turn that prevents, for arguments sake, a whole coachload of people getting maimed and killed it might be worth it.

Back