Civil Unrest

What previous restriction would be the worst in terms of its effect on public mood. I'd go with meeting indoors. If that happens, there'll be serious tension.

Aye if people are expected to stop visiting their families again after waiting so long people won't be happy. I reckon it would just be ignored though rather than cause civil unrest.
It depends how heavily it was enforced.

Who on here would actually take part in civil unrest? Not me.

I see this as a bit like those who said there would be civil war if we didn’t leave the EU completely on the 31st October 2019. When asked who would go fugitive, quit their jobs, pick up gardening tools and take on the well equipped British army, under the leadership of General Nigel. Many said it would happen but none said they would.

It didn’t happen.

Not a chance will there be civil unrest regardless to what happens. Most British people wouldn't even complain if someone blatently pushes in a queue after they've been queuing for a hour or will say their food was nice at a restaurant even known it tastes like shit. There is a newer trend now though that the same people then come on the internet and moan giving it the big one ignoring how cowardly it is and don't give the chance for the place to fix whatever was wrong - which 99% of places would with refunds or the food redone etc.

Imagine it being the same here, there'd be the usual suspects all moaning and crying on here 'claiming' they're all ignoring the rules while everyone get's on with it.

Who on here would actually take part in civil unrest? Not me.

I see this as a bit like those who said there would be civil war if we didn’t leave the EU completely on the 31st October 2019. When asked who would go fugitive, quit their jobs, pick up gardening tools and take on the well equipped British army, under the leadership of General Nigel. Many said it would happen but none said they would.

It didn’t happen.
There won't be any civil unrest , folk would just ignore any regulations.

So no change then?

Oldie says it's going to kick off. What will he be doing? Are you calling out the Veterans?
There won't be any need for anyone to kick off, the sheer number of people ignoring everything in the summer , what with the footie on as well will make it impossible to regulate. Either way no chance he'll go back on that date, too much politically at stake.

There won't be any need for anyone to kick off, the sheer number of people ignoring everything in the summer , what with the footie on as well will make it impossible to regulate. Either way no chance he'll go back on that date, too much politically at stake.
What happened to the June 21 date being brought forward? 😄

The unrest is more likely to come when the economic chickens come home to roost.

The country has been kept going on basically a government credit card and printed money for 18 months.

Aside from the enormous bill to be paid, this has caused all sort of asset bubbles waiting to burst including housing and the stock market.

Perhaps the tipping point will come when they try to pile "net zero" measures like banning gas boilers or petrol cars on top of it all.

The unrest is more likely to come when the economic chickens come home to roost.

The country has been kept going on basically a government credit card and printed money for 18 months.

Aside from the enormous bill to be paid, this has caused all sort of asset bubbles waiting to burst including housing and the stock market.

Perhaps the tipping point will come when they try to pile "net zero" measures like banning gas boilers or petrol cars on top of it all.
👍

Back