Civil Unrest

Wave one started due to the introduction of a novel virus entering the bug cycle, wave two started due to winter and any wave 3 will again be due to winter... the difference being all the vulnerable are vaccinated 🤷‍♂️
But you've previously said it's all over, done and dusted ..... and now you are mentioning wave 3.

You can't even convince yourself

If the government do not go ahead with the lifting of restrictions in June and the summer is a warm one, do you think there could be a summer of unrest on the streets?
I hope there is not, but I think normal people will be very upset, as they have generally followed the rules as they were promised that life would return to normal in June.
No they were not. The words "no earlier" seem to be ignored by many

Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.

If the government do not go ahead with the lifting of restrictions in June and the summer is a warm one, do you think there could be a summer of unrest on the streets?
I hope there is not, but I think normal people will be very upset, as they have generally followed the rules as they were promised that life would return to normal in June.
Depends how we clarify "normal people". IMO , "upset" as you describe it , is not being happy but sensible enough to do what is being asked until we are advised otherwise.
Careering through the streets of London and other cities abandoning social distancing ,attacking Police and behaving like louts , is not how "normal people" behave.

Honestley cant see what is to be gained from a lockdown again.. Exponentially going by the grain of rice on a chess board theory, I would imagine everyone has at some point in time would have been exposed to the virus from (mild infection to more a more severe infection) which may have caused a stay in hospitial or even ITU. Then we are alsi witnessing a fantastic uptake of the vaccine just for good measure.

I also heard on TV news that most of the current hospitalisations are by those 65 +,who have previously had their Covid vaccinations 1 or even both. It would also be reasonable to assume the majority of this group of the population would probably still be happy on the whole to continue to shield as they have already been doing for well over a year or so now.

Why is it reasonable to assume that the over 65s are happy to shield ?

They are coming to the backend of their lives and should be enjoying themselves while they still have their health and the time to do it. Not couped up for any longer than is absolutely neccessary

They are coming to the backend of their lives and should be enjoying themselves while they still have their health and the time to do it. Not couped up for any longer than is absolutely neccessary

Its not a requirement at all... just for those want to.... and that would apply to any age

I think be basically means that if anyone does feel at all unsure or concerned then they'd need to take the relevant precautions, masks, distancing etc or in certain circumstances shielding. Obviously most over 65s wouldn't fall into this group.

There’ll be hell on i reckon. Most normal people have had more than enough now and just want to crack on.

Nah not yet, a lot of normality has returned. Pubs, restaurants, sports, cinema, theatres, hotels, etc all open again. I reckon most people are satisfied for now, but that won't last forever.

Roll back the restrictions however, you might see a reaction.

There’ll be hell on i reckon. Most normal people have had more than enough now and just want to crack on.
Nope , most normal people will shrug and get on with it , the arseholes who bitch and whine on weekends in London will be even more embarrassing than usual.

Back