Civil Unrest

People know a few weeks extension means months or even till early next year. Once the gauntlet switches back to the scientists we are fucked. I honestly think life as we know it is over unless June 21st is fulfilled.

Down to the people if that happens - authorities won’t be able to enforce much if there’s mass disobedience.

First thing to go is these useless masks which maintain the perception of fear of the lurgy.

The unrest is more likely to come when the economic chickens come home to roost.

The country has been kept going on basically a government credit card and printed money for 18 months.

Aside from the enormous bill to be paid, this has caused all sort of asset bubbles waiting to burst including housing and the stock market.

Perhaps the tipping point will come when they try to pile "net zero" measures like banning gas boilers or petrol cars on top of it all.
There’s a massive housing boom at the moment , where I live houses around 300k plus in NE are selling within days.

There’s a massive housing boom at the moment , where I live houses around 300k plus in NE are selling within days.
Exactly.

The fact interest rates are close to zero is part of and exacerbates the problem. Borrowed and printed money being shovelled into housing (amongst other things) at a completely unsustainable rate, inflating prices to levels that are completely out of touch with reality. Like always it will come crashing down eventually, and this time it will be a particularly spectacular fall. It's also a massive driver of inequality as the haves see the value of their assets climb dramatically and ownership of those assets gets further and further away from the have nots.

Perhaps the tipping point will come when they try to pile "net zero" measures like banning gas boilers or petrol cars on top of it all.
Aye the Gas Boiler Riots of 2025 are going to be brutal. I'm digging out a bunker now and filling it up with spam and beans.

Come the Petrol Car Apocalypse of 2030 we'll all be Beyond the Thunderdrome.

What a load of tosh.
Exactly.

Borrowed and printed money being shovelled into housing (amongst other things) at a completely unsustainable rate, inflating prices to levels that are completely out of touch with reality.
Again not really true around here. It isn't still 1984. Have you had any building work done recently and paid the going rate? The price of housing is very low in the northeast. In many parts of the NE the rebuild costs would exceed what properties could sell for, effectively barking the land at zero or less. Hardly pricing out of touch with reality. This isn't the case elsewhere in the UK. Prices around here are going to go up.

Last edited:

Back