Civil service Job application, interview result

What role was that mate?

I rec'd a provo offer for an AO post on December 10th, submitted all relevant stuff immediately and still haven't heard anything. I need to obtain Security clearance on this so it could be the reason for it taking so long?

Also rec'd another provo offer for another AO role January 16th, haven't heard anything yet. Just basic DBS check was required on this I think.

Really hoping either come good soon as I don't know how much longer I can last in my current role and I don't want a gap in employment between the two!

Cabinet Office offshoot up at Longbenton, AO job. Only basic DBS req'd which was done within a week, security clearance takes abit longer though which is probably the reason for your delay. Whats the AO job you got provo offered in mid-Jan, same dept as me?

Is there not a load of external recruitment atm because of Brexit? Office where I work, there seems to be a handful of new starters every week, and a few managers have been told that ‘we need x amount of people to transfer, if they can’t decide between themselves, then you decide.’

Cabinet Office offshoot up at Longbenton, AO job. Only basic DBS req'd which was done within a week, security clearance takes abit longer though which is probably the reason for your delay. Whats the AO job you got provo offered in mid-Jan, same dept as me?

GRS?

I've worked in a few depts over the years, with mixed results. Decent enough place to be?

Cabinet office is canny mate, at least my department within that is.

From what i know of GRS it’ll be canny, mostly doing pre emp checks/running recruitment campaigns.

Not got your start date yet?

Cabinet office is canny mate, at least my department within that is.

From what i know of GRS it’ll be canny, mostly doing pre emp checks/running recruitment campaigns.

Not got your start date yet?

Champion, fingers crossed.
got an email yesterday saying all checks complete and they'd be in touch, so just waiting to hand my notice in at my current place.

Champion, fingers crossed.
got an email yesterday saying all checks complete and they'd be in touch, so just waiting to hand my notice in at my current place.

In my experience that can take between two weeks and a few months once you've been told checks are satisfactory, depending on the size of the recruitment /business area. Fingers crossed its the former.

Last edited:

The AO job I was offered last month was for a DWP pension role in Seaham, I have been been on a reserve list for it since June 2018, was surprised to get an email with a offer tbh.

Back