Civil service Job application, interview result

Nee the wonder they have so many contractors if this is the fuck on to employ someone full time.

TBH I expect the vetting to take at least 2 months, I know it took 6 months for one lad. I suspect they wouldnt think of moving from my current role to the new role on an agency basis until my vetting comes through, that would be too logical, thats if they offer me the job

Had something similar 11 years ago and was offered a part time role a few weeks later, which ended up full time not long after

That's when Councils had money mind so god knows what it's like now

I worked in the civil service for 13 years. Home office and MOJ. Loved it. Got to see and hear things that you’d never otherwise. Saw how the country was really run. Strange organisation st timesthough. Do as your told or you’ll be sidelined. A completely dysfunctional organisation though.

Its amazing how many good people are still in junior grades yet if your friends with a senior manager you move pretty quickly.

I've been given a provisional offer for the role I applied for.

On Monday I sent them all the information they need to do the checks (references & referee information, DBS check, character profile form, pension questionnaire and health declaration). They also have to do a higher security check.

Still showing on my online account that they are conducting some pre employment checks before making a formal offer. Does anyone know how long this typically takes?

On Monday I sent them all the information they need to do the checks (references & referee information, DBS check, character profile form, pension questionnaire and health declaration). They also have to do a higher security check.

Still showing on my online account that they are conducting some pre employment checks before making a formal offer. Does anyone know how long this typically takes?
About 20 years mate if they fast track your application.

I turned one down a couple of weeks ago. Took two months.

I got the email below, someone said its a "merit" email and the next job of that grade should be mine, anyone know anything about this "Merit" thing?

"
This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment.

However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 12 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you.

This email does not constitute a job offer.

Thank you for your interest in this position."
Sounds as if you were runner up.

Its amazing how many good people are still in junior grades yet if your friends with a senior manager you move pretty quickly.
That’s bullshit Marra - Civil Service recruitment looks at applications anonymously, as in they have no personal details at all. They are sifted by 3 people, one of which must be from a totally different business area.

I know loads of people who are in Lower grades and have no chance of promotion because of their dire attitude and belief they deserve promotion because they have been there a long time.
I was a civil servant 3 times in a lower grade, although did get through a sift for one job I applied for, but thankfully never got offered a job before I left for a career blagging it in IT

That’s bullshit Marra - Civil Service recruitment looks at applications anonymously, as in they have no personal details at all. They are sifted by 3 people, one of which must be from a totally different business area.

I know loads of people who are in Lower grades and have no chance of promotion because of their dire attitude and belief they deserve promotion because they have been there a long time.
I was a civil servant 3 times in a lower grade, although did get through a sift for one job I applied for, but thankfully never got offered a job before I left for a career blagging it in IT

Spot on, was just about to reply to his post myself, he is taking absolute nonsense.

So which senior civil servant are/were you shagging

So which senior civil servant are/were you shagging
Having left the Civil Service in 2002, I know loads of people up to grade 6, so I know exactly how sifting and recruitment works as I know lots of people who do it now.

Back in the day your manager had to approve you applying for promotion, it tended to be only to the next highest grade, and it involved a face to face interview.
Now anyone can apply for any grade, on some cases jobs certainly upto SEO level are offered based on the scores of a paper sift, with no interview needed.

So in a nutshell it is much easier to get promotion now if you do not have friends in Management, as there is no unconscious bias applied in the sifting process because you have been marked up because you are someone’s mate, or marked down because the sifter thinks you are a useless c.unt.

Just saying.

Having left the Civil Service in 2002, I know loads of people up to grade 6, so I know exactly how sifting and recruitment works as I know lots of people who do it now.

Back in the day your manager had to approve you applying for promotion, it tended to be only to the next highest grade, and it involved a face to face interview.
Now anyone can apply for any grade, on some cases jobs certainly upto SEO level are offered based on the scores of a paper sift, with no interview needed.

So in a nutshell it is much easier to get promotion now if you do not have friends in Management, as there is no unconscious bias applied in the sifting process because you have been marked up because you are someone’s mate, or marked down because the sifter thinks you are a useless c.unt.

Just saying.

Not how it works here, people of a similar grade or higher can apply, then it goes external

Two months? Is that the usual time frame for pre-employment checks? Seems quite lengthy.

my daughter (No) got a job with the Civil Service working in Army Welfare. July 2016. She didnt take up post until 5 months later due to vetting checks. to be fair they vetted he, me, her mother and her brother.

my daughter (No) got a job with the Civil Service working in Army Welfare. July 2016. She didnt take up post until 5 months later due to vetting checks. to be fair they vetted he, me, her mother and her brother.

Developed vetting? f***ing scary shit that like. Few posts I’ve thought about require that and I’m not sure I’d want to go through it tbh.

When I applied for my AO grade job I scored 4,5,5 at sift and 6,7 at interview.

Just applied for promotion to O. We’re a small department though and when I joined we were the first ever AO’s in it. They’ve since realised that it doesn’t work and are promoting those appropriate and weeding out those who aren’t.

Back