Civil Servant Advice

So why should I pay for him to work less hours on the same money - upping his hourly rate.

What would his peers think?

You pay your taxes like everyone else. This crack that those not in the public sector are personally paying the wages of those that are is ridiculous. I might move back over though, liked being self employed.

So why should I pay for him to work less hours on the same money - upping his hourly rate.

Agreed.

I've just text my boss to ask about WFH tomorrow as I have a problem I can't sort easily.

Wonder what he'll say?

His peers wouldn't know as they'd likely be skiving from home.

Last edited:
You pay your taxes like everyone else. This crack that those not in the public sector are personally paying the wages of those that are is ridiculous. I might move back over though, liked being self employed.

It's not ridiculous.

Why should I, the group of people making up the shortfall, increase the hourly rate of somebody because he wants to work less but earn more?

Seriously, why is that acceptable:

A) For him to ask
B) For that to happen

What will his colleagues think?

Agreed.

I've just text my boss to ask about WFH tomorrow as I have a problem I can't sort easily.

Wonder what he'll say?

He will call you a workshy idiot.

It's not ridiculous.

Why should I, the group of people making up the shortfall, increase the hourly rate of somebody because he wants to work less but earn more?

Seriously, why is that acceptable:

A) For him to ask
B) For that to happen

What will his colleagues think?

They've had a decade of pay freezes so it's the least he deserve marra.

Last edited:
They've had a decade of pay freezes so it's the least he deserve marra.

From a .Gov press release last year:
  • public sector workers continue to benefit from better pensions than those offered in the private sector
  • median pay for full time employees in the public sector is £30,630 compared to £27,977 in the private sector
  • pay awards are on top of performance and progression pay, which remains automatic for some workforces
Seem to be doing ok to me.

From a .Gov press release last year:
  • public sector workers continue to benefit from better pensions than those offered in the private sector
  • median pay for full time employees in the public sector is £30,630 compared to £27,977 in the private sector
  • pay awards are on top of performance and progression pay, which remains automatic for some workforces
Seem to be doing ok to me.

You sound jealous marra. You should move over, no one is forced to work in the private. I moved to the private for pay rises and bonuses as they were slowly eroding the perks of staying put.

Better pensions (missing out the bit about making them much worse than before though, but hey, let's race to the bottom).

Last edited:
Right you fuckers who dug out some of my posts asking for help with a business plan... let me explain

Until last April I ran a very successful entertainment company making bucket loads of cash. This was alongside my normal job.

Last April I had a seizure in my sleep and nearly died. The job I did involved a lot of travelling, due to the seizure I lost my licence for 6 months, in the January of the same year I got told I needed a double hip replacement.

Due to my job requiring a lot of heavy work combined with driving ban me and the missus decided I should pack in my side business for the good of my health.

I had one of my hips done last August and I am currently waiting for the other done probably in September / October this year.

Now I have my licence back and whilst I am waiting for my 2nd hip to be replaced I discovered that I miss my side business and became depressed because of what I lost, this included a excellent 2nd income.

In the meantime at the start of the year I told the wife that I had some ideas to start a new business when I was FULLY recovered.

I started looking for ideas, and found a suitable one that we are looking to do once again WHEN I AM FULLY recovered, probably in 2020 hence why I was asking about business plans.

The idea is to sort everything whilst I have the time, get the website sorted, arrange suppliers, and such like so when I am fully recovered I can hit the ground running.

Just to let you know I am not a work-shy twat as some of you have said, hope this explains everything?

You sound jealous marra. You should move over, no one is forced to work in the private. I moved to the private for pay rises and bonuses as they were slowly eroding the perks of staying put.

I am in part.

I fancy a stress free, no accountability lifestyle - and in all honesty - flexitime would suit me down to the ground.

But as I know me, I'd want to kill some of the self entitled idiots who work there.

Back