Civ vi for free

If anyone's remotely interested it's worth grabbing and then being patient on the expansion content as they periodically reduce that in cost as well (although I can quite happily play either vanilla or the expanded version of this depending on what device I'm using)

Love civ like, haven’t played since V, actually had a game of revolutions today. Just got this on the deal so that’s tomorrow sorted

Tried it a bit earlier, twatting thing kept crashing as soon as I tried to load up. Some display driver error which Google says is quite common. Might try again later as it seems like something I might enjoy if I can get it working.

I clicked the buy button on epic so its in my library can I just leave it there and I'll still be able to install after the 28th? I've heard of this game before but never played any of them or any similar games

I clicked the buy button on epic so its in my library can I just leave it there and I'll still be able to install after the 28th? I've heard of this game before but never played any of them or any similar games

Yes, you should have received an email confirming your 'purchase'.

It's not an actual game download, it streams via the Epic Games launcher which needs to be installed on your pc.

It's my first experience of this type of game as well, had a run through of the tutorial and seems canny if quite involved.

Yes, you should have received an email confirming your 'purchase'.

It's not an actual game download, it streams via the Epic Games launcher which needs to be installed on your pc.

It's my first experience of this type of game as well, had a run through of the tutorial and seems canny if quite involved.

Aye Ive got the launcher had loads of games for free from them but always just installed them straight away so wasnt sure, has the purchase email already so all good

I was enjoying this for a while but it's ruined by continual crashes once there are five or six civilisations on the go. Bought a Steam code thinking it might be better playing from my HD but it's just the same.

Last edited:
I was enjoying this for a while but it's ruined by continual crashes once there are five or six civilisations on the go. Bought a Steam code thinking it might be better playing from my HD but it's just the same.
Is it really streaming from the epic store? Or just loaded locally in the background, like how Steam works?
Shouldn't be crashing, never did for me.

Is it really streaming from the epic store? Or just loaded locally in the background, like how Steam works?
Shouldn't be crashing, never did for me.

I can't find an .exe file in the Epic Games folder and it's too small for the full game. I'm guessing the issue is probably related to internet connectivity since Steam insists on running alongside the game.

:lol: i started at prince and thought it was fine. my brother plays on deity

dear me, how can it be harder ? I always go for the technical win.

Other day the map was two continents ( I didn’t know at the time) I was smashing 5 other civs in everyway .

then chucked a load of units on a boat and found a small continent . Germans, had jets the lot, like 200 years ahead of me. Gutted .

also barbarians are kernts

I can't find an .exe file in the Epic Games folder and it's too small for the full game. I'm guessing the issue is probably related to internet connectivity since Steam insists on running alongside the game.
It's here on mine:
\Epic Games\SidMeiersCivilizationVI\Base\Binaries\

Got Gathering Storm on Epic at the weekend, down to £16.49 which I thought was alright given that I got the base game for free. Then they applied a £10 off voucher for I don't know what reason so got the game, Gathering Storm and the mechanics of Rise and Fall for £6.49, not bad.

dear me, how can it be harder ? I always go for the technical win.

Other day the map was two continents ( I didn’t know at the time) I was smashing 5 other civs in everyway .

then chucked a load of units on a boat and found a small continent . Germans, had jets the lot, like 200 years ahead of me. Gutted .

also barbarians are kernts
I play without the barbarians me.
Probably cheating in a sense like

I play king/emperor level normally

I play without the barbarians me.
Probably cheating in a sense like

I play king/emperor level normally
I've always hated Barbs in Civ. But then, I hate building armies and fighting - its all wasted time and effort unless you really commit and go after their cities.
I'd rather defend and grow myself.

Back