CIV Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

What, I literally pay what I want for a proper steam license?

I had a proper copy of Civ 3, no idea where it went though.

I love the idea of Civ, Id list it as one of my favorite games but I have only played the newest one twice. Once land grab has finished, its dies a death for me.

Reactions: PTR
What, I literally pay what I want for a proper steam license?

I had a proper copy of Civ 3, no idea where it went though.

Essentially, yeah.

I can't work out if I'm enjoying Civ VI...on account of not knowing what I'm doing in the slightest.

Essentially, yeah.

I can't work out if I'm enjoying Civ VI...on account of not knowing what I'm doing in the slightest.
That's what I thought at first - wasn't sure if it was just not knowning.

Then I realised that:
a - Its actually just dull, there's no fun in the game
b - Its very complex to get everything "perfect". Too many stupid bonuses for having certain things next to other certain things

Its far too clinical now. Which is ironic for a game that tries to tell you it takes 50 years to "build" a few blokes with dogs to go for a wander into nearby fields.

I've just bought a surface pro, and really fancy Civ5 for its touch interface. I had it before (dodgy copy), but a proper copy for low cost that works on the surface sounds interesting as a second look

I love the idea of Civ, Id list it as one of my favorite games but I have only played the newest one twice. Once land grab has finished, its dies a death for me.
I'm REALLY bored of exploring the lands too. Its so bloody dull.

Essentially, yeah.
Ah, I see what it is now. To get Civ5 you have to pay at least $8.37

Considering I have the iso on my HDD, I don't think I'll bother.

Last edited:
That's what I thought at first - wasn't sure if it was just not knowning.

Then I realised that:
a - Its actually just dull, there's no fun in the game
b - Its very complex to get everything "perfect". Too many stupid bonuses for having certain things next to other certain things

Its far too clinical now. Which is ironic for a game that tries to tell you it takes 50 years to "build" a few blokes with dogs to go for a wander into nearby fields.

I've just bought a surface pro, and really fancy Civ5 for its touch interface. I had it before (dodgy copy), but a proper copy for low cost that works on the surface sounds interesting as a second look

I'm REALLY bored of exploring the lands too. Its so bloody dull.

Ah, I see what it is now. To get Civ5 you have to pay at least $8.37

Considering I have the iso on my HDD, I don't think I'll bother.

Its an extremely difficult balance I think, personally felt 5 was much better looking. I find it all very pleasant and like I say, love the idea of it, but to write off 5 hours to experience very little is not appealing imo.

6 is a huge disappointment for me like, especially when you compare it to 4 and 5. Gave it another go earlier this week and I didn't last half an hour, it's as dull as dishwater.

I like CIV, but I can't get past that each game is essentially a new skin of the previous. I have the "premium" or whatever edition of 5

I like CIV, but I can't get past that each game is essentially a new skin of the previous. I have the "premium" or whatever edition of 5
Yep. Its just slightly prettier and a more modern UI each time. You don't think it is, but when you go back a couple of versions it feels really clunky - try Civ4 today to see what I mean.

And they seem to add/remove features almost at will now, which is annoying as you know you're missing out on stuff they're going to sell you again in an enhancement.

But mostly, I just cannot accept the lack of logic anymore. There's no excuse for it to take 400 years to build a library. Or 150 years to "build" some "warriors". recruitment of armed forces should be a combination of building the kit, and paying for the men. It needs to be far more realistic.
Transport and city planning is completely missing too - although you could argue that's empire-planning, rather than civlilization-planning.

A game like Sim City, Transport Tycoon and Total War rolled into one would be nice!

Reactions: mux
Yep. Its just slightly prettier and a more modern UI each time. You don't think it is, but when you go back a couple of versions it feels really clunky - try Civ4 today to see what I mean.

And they seem to add/remove features almost at will now, which is annoying as you know you're missing out on stuff they're going to sell you again in an enhancement.

But mostly, I just cannot accept the lack of logic anymore. There's no excuse for it to take 400 years to build a library. Or 150 years to "build" some "warriors". recruitment of armed forces should be a combination of building the kit, and paying for the men. It needs to be far more realistic.
Transport and city planning is completely missing too - although you could argue that's empire-planning, rather than civlilization-planning.

A game like Sim City, Transport Tycoon and Total War rolled into one would be nice!
or 10 years to become stable in the Premier League.. There's nee logic there either

Bunch of them on the humble bundle this month. Cheap as chips for a boatload of games!

https://www.humblebundle.com/civilization-bundle

Anyone signed up for the monthly one? Keep getting tempted but the main game so far hasn't interested me or I've already got. Noticed you can get some pretty good stuff amongst the shite.
Signed up in January solely to get XCOM2 which is as excellent as XCOM.

Since then I've been playing around with the other games that came in the bundle and they're all really good, much better than expected actually. I've cancelled the subs for now though because getting half a dozen games every month is far too much for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back