Civ 6.

Anyone still playing?
Hadn’t played it in over a year, and a lad from work got it, but on console.. had abit crack about it And now im absolutely hammering it again:cool:

there’s some new DLC out including natural disasters and world congress etc. So might buy that.

Never knew you were a fan? Always been my favourite game series, but not so much civ 6.

Tried the expansions and they were canny enough.

What you playing it on?

Never knew you were a fan? Always been my favourite game series, but not so much civ 6.

Tried the expansions and they were canny enough.

What you playing it on?
Played a tiny bit of 5, and I’ve hammered this one!
And erm Laptop for platform. King for level :lol:
Just won my first ever culture game earlier.

can’t get my head around religion at all like.

I loved the whole series up to 5. I’m worried 6 will be too much
Similar to the modern day FM games, once you’re in control of too much it gets stupid

Still play 5 quite often. I got 6 on release and found it dull, apparently much better with expansions but just haven't taken the plunge.

Still play 5 quite often. I got 6 on release and found it dull, apparently much better with expansions but just haven't taken the plunge.
Same, I found 6 just wasn't fun. I was just churning through the turns with no real interest. So many of the bonuses are a pain, that it becomes almost a game of maths.

Mind, 5 was dull on launch too - the final expansion finally turned it into a great game.

Same, I found 6 just wasn't fun. I was just churning through the turns with no real interest. So many of the bonuses are a pain, that it becomes almost a game of maths.

Mind, 5 was dull on launch too - the final expansion finally turned it into a great game.

I agree. I found 6 was just too much to calculate at once and to get the best position you had to bonus chase so I was building things that I didn’t need and things just to hit bonuses

I agree. I found 6 was just too much to calculate at once and to get the best position you had to bonus chase so I was building things that I didn’t need and things just to hit bonuses
There's a rabbit away with Civ though. Always has been - a city takes up about 50x50 miles of land - try large size earth map, and then try to start in the british isles, and you'll see my point!). Why do you get a bonus from placing a university next to a jungle. Is having jungle in your city's sphere of control not enough, does it literally have to be in contact with the university's car park?
All this adjacency stuff probably sounded great when they were thinking about placing zones - but actually, its bollocks.

A plot of land the same size as the city centre for a school, library and university? or some factories and workshops? That's stupid.

Also, a battle of 100 blokes with bats against 100 blokes with pikes takes about 400 years. Hmmmm.

The hangovers from Civ1 should really have been addressed a long time ago.

There's a rabbit away with Civ though. Always has been - a city takes up about 50x50 miles of land - try large size earth map, and then try to start in the british isles, and you'll see my point!). Why do you get a bonus from placing a university next to a jungle. Is having jungle in your city's sphere of control not enough, does it literally have to be in contact with the university's car park?
All this adjacency stuff probably sounded great when they were thinking about placing zones - but actually, its bollocks.

A plot of land the same size as the city centre for a school, library and university? or some factories and workshops? That's stupid.

Also, a battle of 100 blokes with bats against 100 blokes with pikes takes about 400 years. Hmmmm.

The hangovers from Civ1 should really have been addressed a long time ago.
Just say you don't like the game it would've been quicker :rolleyes::lol:

I think I just about preferred 5 to 6. Not really a fan of the way the district system was implemented and the cartoony art style wasn’t for me. The disasters and global warming from gathering storm was more a gimmick than anything game changing.

I play 6 a bit - have it on my PC with all the expansions and the base game on iPad as well. Played all of them but I think 3 was my favourite by far.

I think I just about preferred 5 to 6. Not really a fan of the way the district system was implemented and the cartoony art style wasn’t for me. The disasters and global warming from gathering storm was more a gimmick than anything game changing.
So would you not advise the DLC then mate?

Anyone still playing? Hammered this last week or so. easy enough to play when I have the bairn.
I've gone back to it after trying Old World (not as engaging as it looks).

I downloaded Better Balanced mod and trying Civs I was useless with. Previously found there were fewer Civs I could win with the higher up the rankings I went.

Just started a new game. Took some time off to play dawn of man, it’s similar but there’s nothing like nuking someone who denounces you
Hahaha amen.

whos your go to? Love qin shi huang me for culture Victory.

Save for builders and use everything you can to get builders... 4 chargers and can auto build 15% of ancient/ classical wonders.

Push Oracle/Etemnaki and great Bath if needs be. Flying from then ;)

Hahaha amen.

whos your go to? Love qin shi huang me for culture Victory.

Save for builders and use everything you can to get builders... 4 chargers and can auto build 15% of ancient/ classical wonders.

Push Oracle/Etemnaki and great Bath if needs be. Flying from then ;)
Always the English. Can’t let anyone else rule the waves
Settlers and builders early on. Fires you off to a great start

Last edited:

Back