City break in Europe

Not sure about Valletta mind. Some lovely churches but not that many bars / restaurants.
Off to Barcelona this week. Haven’t been for about 10 years, so any suggested would be appreciated.
Would concur with Prague & Rome. Both easy to walk around.
Düsseldorf is nice but full of German hen & stag do’s copying British stag do’s.
Not sure about bars these days but Valetta used to be a cracking night ashore.
Its one of the best harbours in the world and a very pretty city

San Andrea, near la Maquinesta. I can pick you up, but not drop you off I'll be drunk, lol.
Sounds great mate. Will have to work out with the wife. She might come or I dip me hand in the pocket for some spa treatments for her or something so I can bugger off for a while. Will let you know nearer the time.

Sounds great mate. Will have to work out with the wife. She might come or I dip me hand in the pocket for some spa treatments for her or something so I can bugger off for a while. Will let you know nearer the time.
No probs, our wives are with us, but don’t watch they games, they just wear their jawbones down, so she is more than welcome to join them, or they could take her shopping in the local mail, which is about 10 minutes walk from the pub.

No probs, our wives are with us, but don’t watch they games, they just wear their jawbones down, so she is more than welcome to join them, or they could take her shopping in the local mail, which is about 10 minutes walk from the pub.
Hello mate. Tried to PM you but wouldn't let me.

The missus is up for a trip to your hood to watch the Southend game so let me know the details beforehand. We'll be coming probably from the hotel so if you can suggest the best way. Are taxis cheap enough? Staying in Eixample - Rambla Catalunya

Not sure what the plans are for that day itself, as, well, we've not made any. But likely doing some touristy stuff so not sure what time we'd make it for. Probably just in time for kick off. Should be 18:30?

Eurostar have a seat sale on at the minute. Travel to Rotterdam or Amsterdam between May and September this year and prices start from £35 one way.

I'll be booking a trip or two.

Gdańsk Poland cheap flight from Newcastle airport direct. Hotels are also cheap even for 4-5 star ( we stay at Hotel Almond) it’s also a nice small city with loads of history. It looks old but it was re built after the war to look old! It’s so so cheap to eat and drink also. It’s the perfect escape I think it’s bloody cold in the winter tho but nice in the summer. Recommend from me
Staying at this hotel, going tonight, any good?

We stopped here for a couple of nights, location is brilliant and there’s a cracking tapas place on the corner of the street.
A unique hotel in the L'Eixample district | Onix Rambla
If boutique hotels are you thing have al
Not big on sights but a great place to sit and have a coffee/graze/wine and people watch and has a good vibe about it IMO.

Did 4 days in Florence last year but journey’d out from there. Train to Venice one day was lovely

Not really struck with Berlin. Ok for a weekend but never found anything to 'hook' me in. Not even my favourite German city.

This. Didnt get the fuss at all tbh. Be class for a history head I guess but the architecture is pretty bland/dull, the 'sights' are crap, local cuisine is poor and even the bars are spread out. Good for clubbing though I guess, which is probably what most who like it go for.

Vienna,been twice this year,did once think I would move there years ago when I had an Austrian girlfriend,beautiful city,easy to get around,great food.Also been to Barcelona and Amsterdam this year,Amsterdam lags behind Barcelona.

Aye it's class I was there but about 13 years ago or so. So would be looking for something different. So Ireland, Copenhagen, Berlin, Budapest, Prague, Paris and Amsterdam off the list :-O

Sarajevo one of the best places you could ever visit. Belgrade and Zagreb both outstanding, bohemian feel and so on. Hamburg? Poland's outstanding - Warsaw? Vienna?

The only capital city I've been to Europe where I'd say don't go is Bratislava. Apart from that, you can't go far wrong.

Back