City break in Europe

Girona ahead at the moment as much due to good flight times. But missus now talking about heading out to the coast somewhere to stay rather than Girona itself. Only 30 mins away. Anyone any first hand experience of Tossa De Mar?
Prefer St. Feliu de Guixols myself Bob, proper living Spanish town, nice little beach front and everyone comes out when it's apero hour.Tossa is more holiday resort might be a bit quiet early season.All of that coast is easy to explore if you have a car.Roses used to be the best place for air b'n'b deals and cheap hotels.

Not done any European city breaks for a good few years now. Where do you reckon is best for a bit history, cultcha, architecture and the sauce?

Flying from newcastle preferably, Leeds/Bradford or Edinburgh? Three nights mid April.

Need a bit inspiration.
havent read thread a all but would recommend budapest.

Depends what you want - sight seeing the tourist areas get too busy so its shite, it is however class for getting pissed, bucking whores, watching footy and ice hockey.

I'm off to Budapest for my wedding anniversary in a few weeks - class city

Probably would be the sightseeing/touristy bits as I'd be with my lass, so probably sights and bars (while she shops)
Might do Budapest like was thinking of there too

You can do it in just over an hour mate it's the airport i use when i visit my mam
Aye I'm coming from the north side and getting through town here is the worst bit. If we do the Girona flight we'll head down the thursday night when the missus finishes work at 10pm and stay in a travelodge or something nearby. So would be a clear road.

Prefer St. Feliu de Guixols myself Bob, proper living Spanish town, nice little beach front and everyone comes out when it's apero hour.Tossa is more holiday resort might be a bit quiet early season.All of that coast is easy to explore if you have a car.Roses used to be the best place for air b'n'b deals and cheap hotels.
I'll be happy enough with quiet. Once there's a few bars. Have found a stunning boutique hotel that looks on to the castle/fort.

Hate sprouts me like.

Wrong un

It's bad in the summer but not too bad out of peak season I've found. If you're a cool cat and happy to drink craft beer and knock around with hipsters then Prague is brilliant once you've left the city centre, up there with the best in Europe.

It's on my list as a winter destination as I've only evet done it in the summer (happily I avoided all the much reported charver/stag types) and found it to be a very pleasant and pretty city.

It's bad in the summer but not too bad out of peak season I've found. If you're a cool cat and happy to drink craft beer and knock around with hipsters then Prague is brilliant once you've left the city centre, up there with the best in Europe.

Zizkov is the best part of Prague for drinking mind

Back