City break in Europe

Going in October for a stag. Never been. Sure it's good fun. Not really a city I'd got on the list to visit with our lass though.
Im looking for somewhere on a budget preferably from Newcastle maybe somewhere in Poland or Prague.

Start of March. It will be warmer than the UK.

Fly to Pisa but stay in Lucca, a gorgeous Tuscan city full of culture and great restaurants. Lucca is a fabulous walking city and even the top of 2.5 km walls surrounding the old town have been turned into a circular park. It's a very romantic place. You can get there in an hour by bus or train from Pisa airport.

I'm going next month for a long weekend. Just wanted a warm city for a few days!
It was t-shirt weather the week before Christmas! price-wise we found it to be generally cheaper than other cities.
I can recomend a very nice 2 bed apartment near the cathedral via air b&b if you like

East of Java.

Not done any European city breaks for a good few years now. Where do you reckon is best for a bit history, cultcha, architecture and the sauce?

Flying from newcastle preferably, Leeds/Bradford or Edinburgh? Three nights mid April.

Need a bit inspiration.
I always get drawn to the adverts for ones in Metro or on Wowcher because of the prices then get turned off by the supplements from Newcastle...

Last edited:
Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne all really good places, Düsseldorf is poor compared to these four
Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Bratislava you cannot really go wrong.
A little bit dearer but Venice and Stockholm are decent too. Most of these can be had for £135-£160 with KLM if you don’t want fly from anywhere but NCL

It was t-shirt weather the week before Christmas! price-wise we found it to be generally cheaper than other cities.
I can recomend a very nice 2 bed apartment near the cathedral via air b&b if you like

It looks ideal for what we want. Paid 100 quid all in for flights and digs each Thursday to Sunday. Can't whack that.

Krakow - Went last year for my stag and it was class. Back off there again in May with the Mrs. Class place and seriously cheap.
Happy anniversary in May marra I now know why people have stag do's abroad, if its a nice place you can always take the Mrs there next year.

You just need to go off the beaten track in those cities. They're always the most interesting parts anyway.
I did an east Berlin walking tour and it was great, some excellent bars and interesting places. If you want uber tourism, hang around the Brandenburg gate. Would be far less fun and diverse a trip though

Seville is the capital of southern Spain’s Andalusia region. It's famous for flamenco dancing, particularly in its Triana neighborhood. Major landmarks include the ornate Alcázar castle complex, built during the Moorish Almohad dynasty, and the 18th-century Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza bullring. The Gothic Seville Cathedral is the site of Christopher Columbus’s tomb and a minaret turned bell tower, the Giralda.

Back