City Bistro - Sunderland College Park Lane

Just booked in for the 17th. I’d been wanting to go for ages but never got round to going. It’s opening Thursday evenings, too, but not confirmed whether they’ll be doing a tasting menu yet.

Just booked in for the 17th. I’d been wanting to go for ages but never got round to going. It’s opening Thursday evenings, too, but not confirmed whether they’ll be doing a tasting menu yet.

i hope they do and i hope they have the chefs table option inside the kitchen again. i've done it twice, its a real experience watching the chefs and students creating the plates. plus you get a tour of the kitchens, proper state of the art stuff. think he said there was £250k worth of kitchen apparatus

i hope they do and i hope they have the chefs table option inside the kitchen again. i've done it twice, its a real experience watching the chefs and students creating the plates. plus you get a tour of the kitchens, proper state of the art stuff. think he said there was £250k worth of kitchen apparatus
I’d intended to do it for ages but just never got round to it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

Great to see this place open again. Probs have a look in for lunch sometime next week. They’re advertising a Grill Night next Thursday evening but think I prefer the look of the lunch menu.

I see its back open this week, new menu - £9 for 3 courses! bloody fantastic value if the quality is as good as it was previously. seriously was the best quality fine dining, in fact the only fine dining, option in sunderland last year. highly recommend it. hopefully it survives the usual sunderland curse of poor advertising and people not willing to try something new. go for the chefs table in the kitchen if they still offer it.

Logon or register to see this image

edit - Monday 16th

Just been for 3 course dinner. Absolutely tremendous. Honestly, this place has to be supported. 9 quid man. Mental.

2 3-courses, bottle of peroni, glass of fancy pop, 3 glasses of pinot. £29.50. CAN NOT GO WRONG. :cool:
The woman who works the desk is really good crack too. I felt a bit for the kids working there, they looked terrified!

Oh aye, they are green as grass like. It adds to the general relaxed mood of it. :lol:
The seafood taster menu is on tonight. Gutted that it's fully booked. Sounds topper.
She told me about that when I was in. Sounded decent, but it's not often I choose the seafood option when I'm out so gave it a pass.

Just been for 3 course dinner. Absolutely tremendous. Honestly, this place has to be supported. 9 quid man. Mental.

2 3-courses, bottle of peroni, glass of fancy pop, 3 glasses of pinot. £29.50. CAN NOT GO WRONG. :cool:
Just seen the pictures, looks cracking.

Can you just pitch up at dinner time or do you need to book? Is it just up near Park Lane aye?

The service is slow like. As long as you aren't in a rush then all's good.

aye i remember them being proper nervous, i think they have to rotate their roles, so one day they might be doing desserts, next day they are front of house, next day they do the ingredients preparation, next day they are serving tables.. i think its fantastic

glad to hear that its busy, as long as people are using it it will thrive.

Pooped in for lunch yesterday and it was excellent. Two of us had 3 courses worthy of a fine dining restaurant, a bottle of wine and two glasses of wine for £34! It's very nicely done out as well and you don't get the sense you're in a college at all. Get yourselves there lads and lasses it's a steal.

Back