City Bistro - Sunderland College Park Lane

Pooped in for lunch yesterday and it was excellent. Two of us had 3 courses worthy of a fine dining restaurant, a bottle of wine and two glasses of wine for £34! It's very nicely done out as well and you don't get the sense you're in a college at all. Get yourselves there lads and lasses it's a steal.
Dirty bastard.

Went thursday night and it was brilliant as usual. The waiting staff need a bit of patience as they are young and clearly nervous but it adds to experience for me. Pity its only open thursday night and lunch times weekdays. They have a xmas menu and we are gonne book that for a family night on a Thursday in december.

Pooped in for lunch yesterday and it was excellent. Two of us had 3 courses worthy of a fine dining restaurant, a bottle of wine and two glasses of wine for £34! It's very nicely done out as well and you don't get the sense you're in a college at all. Get yourselves there lads and lasses it's a steal.
Touching cloth, like

Went thursday night and it was brilliant as usual. The waiting staff need a bit of patience as they are young and clearly nervous but it adds to experience for me. Pity its only open thursday night and lunch times weekdays. They have a xmas menu and we are gonne book that for a family night on a Thursday in december.

Aye I wish they would open for their special nights on a Friday again

Aye I wish they would open for their special nights on a Friday again

I asked the manager but she said because the students are there all day every day as part of the course, the Thursday nights are voluntary over time. I can understand , when I was 17 I wouldn't want to volunteer my Friday night away after grafting all week.

I think some private enterprise should enquire about hiring the place for Friday and Saturday night. Would be a money spinner, it's the best all round restaurant in town by a mile

I asked the manager but she said because the students are there all day every day as part of the course, the Thursday nights are voluntary over time. I can understand , when I was 17 I wouldn't want to volunteer my Friday night away after grafting all week.

I think some private enterprise should enquire about hiring the place for Friday and Saturday night. Would be a money spinner, it's the best all round restaurant in town by a mile

We went out to Karbon Grill lastnight , place was full of coachtrippers eating from a makeshift carvery station and they no longer do cocktails. Shame really as last time had a lovely atmosphere but despite food being topper it didn’t hit the spot for a celebration meal

Last edited:
We went out to Karbon Grill lastnight , place was full of coachtrippers eating from a makeshift carvery station and they no longer do cocktails. Shame really as last time had a lovely atmosphere but despite food being topper it didn’t hit the spot for a celebration meal

Only been once and it was a lovely atmosphere. Food was good but not special.

Only been once and it was a lovely atmosphere. Food was good but not special.

Yeah it’s just pretty steady away menu wise but everything done to a good standard. The atmosphere was great last time - lastnight the lights were on bright and the old dears were queueing up for their Sara Lee chocolate cake as part of their deal. Can understand them needing to diversify to get cash in but it’s lost it’s appeal as a destination for a nice meal and couple of cocktails .... still gutted about the cocktails can you tell ?

Yeah it’s just pretty steady away menu wise but everything done to a good standard. The atmosphere was great last time - lastnight the lights were on bright and the old dears were queueing up for their Sara Lee chocolate cake as part of their deal. Can understand them needing to diversify to get cash in but it’s lost it’s appeal as a destination for a nice meal and couple of cocktails .... still gutted about the cocktails can you tell ?

Aye the appeal of the place to me was that it was 'classy' or at least tidy and professional

Went in for spot of lunch today.
What a fantastic 3 courses of food. Top quality. All for £9
Get yourself there.
Got a Xmas menur from 25th Nov during day 4 courses £13.95 & 6 courses Thursday evenings £18.95

Went in for spot of lunch today.
What a fantastic 3 courses of food. Top quality. All for £9
Get yourself there.
Got a Xmas menur from 25th Nov during day 4 courses £13.95 & 6 courses Thursday evenings £18.95

Where exactly is it as we really need to try this and keep forgetting

Back