City Bistro (Sunderland College, Park Lane - Review

Tasting menus are usually done by lots of Michelin Star restaraunts and restaraunts that think they’re high quality.
Our local restaraunt is about £90 (£150 with wine) per person for 5/6 courses and it’s tremendous.
£55 for 10 courses (5.50 per course) seems cheap as owt.

Be less than that if you factor in the wine (I'm guessing that's included in the £55).

Be less than that if you factor in the wine (I'm guessing that's included in the £55).

yeah it was. £45 for tasting menu (10 courses), £10 for wine pairing (5 glasses). you only get probably 100ml per wine glass, so £10 for 500ml all together but thats not really how to look at it. you get a small glass with every other course, that has been selected to compliment the food. i think i we got 1 white, 1 red, 1 rose, 1 sweet, and a port to finish with the dessert

Enjoyed lastnight but they need to sort out the service , had to invent an imaginary baby sitter at 10 to get desert , coffee and the bill or we’d probably still be sat there now

Enjoyed lastnight but they need to sort out the service , had to invent an imaginary baby sitter at 10 to get desert , coffee and the bill or we’d probably still be sat there now

Interesting that you say that.

We've been when it's been quiet at lunchtime and the service was poor, which is a complete contrast to the business event I attended there where there were students galore waiting on, and everything was very slick.

The food has always been good mind.

Interesting that you say that.

We've been when it's been quiet at lunchtime and the service was poor, which is a complete contrast to the business event I attended there where there were students galore waiting on, and everything was very slick.

The food has always been good mind.

I don’t think the issue was the quantity of waiting staff - there were 5 of them and only about a dozen tables but just not streamlined , the beer matches were coming out after the food etc and some of the food wasn’t hot when it arrived - it was all presented beautifully but need a balance where food isn’t sat around too long while being fancied up with flowers etc

silverado in south point.

Never heard of it but looks canny - love going to Vegas for the food scene but rarely venture off strip - not long back from last visit and already looking at next one. I’m not sure what you’re eating to get bill in at $85 including wine though it’s not cheap , very few places are tbh

I agree it could have been a little quicker but we enjoyed nonetheless. My only issue with the place is the atmosphere - lower the lights a little and turn the music up a touch.

Back