Cities Skylines 2

One of the only games that can use 32GB RAM, seen videos of it. Clearly won't be able to do that with a console, and most PCs I'd imagine

I'm still yet to play the first one properly. I got it but just got into the modding side straight away, making my home town, my house and random shit like the Shandor building in Ghostbusters, Northern Rail and the Polar Express trains, as you do.

"Ah that looks cool."

Never been on it since.

Last edited:
I tried the last one, but I found it extremely difficult tbh- should I give it another go?

Pretty sure you had to buy a shit load of DLC also.

Would a semi decent gaming laptop have the capability to play it?

I tried the last one, but I found it extremely difficult tbh- should I give it another go?

Pretty sure you had to buy a shit load of DLC also.

Would a semi decent gaming laptop have the capability to play it?

Yeah I would, its quite addictive. You can get away with the bog standard version which is still fine or probs pick up a gold edition type for relatively cheap as its been out donkeys.

I'd imagine your laptop will be ok, I've played it on a 2014 iMac dual booting windows from an external SSD, pretty sure its some i5 5xxxu so pretty weak, no dedicated gpu and 8gb ram. you can fettle with the video settings as I had to and its still playable and looks really good on medium settings.

Hopefully they'll fix the traffic system this time, without needing mods.

Good game though, quite enjoyed it.

Yeah I would, its quite addictive. You can get away with the bog standard version which is still fine or probs pick up a gold edition type for relatively cheap as its been out donkeys.

I'd imagine your laptop will be ok, I've played it on a 2014 iMac dual booting windows from an external SSD, pretty sure its some i5 5xxxu so pretty weak, no dedicated gpu and 8gb ram. you can fettle with the video settings as I had to and its still playable and looks really good on medium settings.
Gave this another go yesterday/today. Really enjoying it. However managed to get a steady city away. About 15k people. Etc. and then the Fuckinf river floods 😂 its drowned a quarter of my city. I’ve tried to Google how to fix it but I can’t get my head round it at all. Sake man 😂

Gave this another go yesterday/today. Really enjoying it. However managed to get a steady city away. About 15k people. Etc. and then the Fuckinf river floods 😂 its drowned a quarter of my city. I’ve tried to Google how to fix it but I can’t get my head round it at all. Sake man 😂
There no tooltip to tell you?

You can raise up and lower roads. Could make a bridge or a tunnel
So after reading your post, I have hammered this game hahaha. Really enjoyed it. My planning must be poor though. I’ve got a tonne of abandoned buildings on both of my play throughs. One was more not enough materials, I think the traffic was so bad for import/export. But I’ve a lot of bigger roads on my second play- however the trouble I’m having is there now isn’t enough customers wanting to buy products. 1st save had 135k people, but started dying off even though I lowered the tax.

This save is about 45k but I’m only getting an extra 100+ people per week.

Enjoyed it, but again I think I’m just terrible 😂

Play around with tax incentives and zoning. If the tooltip tells you what’s wrong have a look to try and incentivise.
So after reading your post, I have hammered this game hahaha. Really enjoyed it. My planning must be poor though. I’ve got a tonne of abandoned buildings on both of my play throughs. One was more not enough materials, I think the traffic was so bad for import/export. But I’ve a lot of bigger roads on my second play- however the trouble I’m having is there now isn’t enough customers wanting to buy products. 1st save had 135k people, but started dying off even though I lowered the tax.

Have a look at the tutorials on YouTube. once you get the basics right then it's pretty straightforward and very addictive! the hardest part to get right is sorting out the traffic. It's such a detailed game though that the slightest change can ruin the city you've just spent all day building :evil: :lol:

Have a look at the tutorials on YouTube. once you get the basics right then it's pretty straightforward and very addictive! the hardest part to get right is sorting out the traffic. It's such a detailed game though that the slightest change can ruin the city you've just spent all day building :evil: :lol:
Traffic is probably the thing that I spent most time on. The game really doesn't give you the data you need to understand "WHY???"

Maybe fixed in the sequel? Mind, I know there are traffic mods for the base game, maybe they help?

Traffic is probably the thing that I spent most time on. The game really doesn't give you the data you need to understand "WHY???"

Maybe fixed in the sequel? Mind, I know there are traffic mods for the base game, maybe they help?
yeah all of the tutorials I watched had a traffic mod of some kind. it's really frustrating until you figure out you can do something simple like change the junction to have traffic lights and everything sorts itself out. it's a great game though, haven't played it in a while but I'm off work the rest of today so....

yeah all of the tutorials I watched had a traffic mod of some kind. it's really frustrating until you figure out you can do something simple like change the junction to have traffic lights and everything sorts itself out. it's a great game though, haven't played it in a while but I'm off work the rest of today so....
I followed a few of the guides on YouTube. But my traffic flow still isn’t great. Max 65% once I hit 30k. I’ve even tried underground roads right across the city 😂

Back