Church of England colluded with nonce bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.

The head of the Anglican church for over a decade, colluding in the cover-up of abuse and effectively facilitating an abuser in continuing with his crimes. Listening to a current bishop on the radio driving home, they were trying to explain how seriously they were taking it because he had been asked to voluntarily consider giving up his honorary assistant bishopric. Wow, worse than being sent to the salt mines. Fuck that. He should be cleaning out the toilets in prison. The church should worry less about its people performing gay marriages in church and a lot more about its people raping kids in church.

The church - churches, as it's no different in the RC church - have no moral authority left now. None. No right to pronounce on anything. No right to tell anyone how they should live their life. They've knowingly harboured rapists and abusers for decades, because at the highest levels, over and over again, they have placed the reputation and the financial exposure of the institution above the terrified, abused, used, damaged victims.

The churches should shut the fuck up, bow their heads, sell off all the silver and the palaces, sell off the CofE two billion quid property portfolio, and do nothing but humble good works for the next five generations. Then maybe they might - might - be entitled to speak out.

The Church of England report

https://www.churchofengland.org/media/3999908/report-of-the-peter-ball-review-210617.pdf

It really is worth a read.

I'm sure many of you know that I was a victim of Granville Gibson in the late 70's. His behavior was reported to the Bishop by one of our curates at the time but was dismissed.
That curate posted this today

It should be a criminal offence NOT to report known or suspected abusers of children and young people. That offence should be extended to historical incidents. If it were on the statute book today then Archbishop Carey and the last three Archbishops of York may well have criminal records. The Church of England has proved time and time again it cannot be trusted to police itself.

Last edited:
The Church of England report

https://www.churchofengland.org/media/3999908/report-of-the-peter-ball-review-210617.pdf

It really is worth a read.

I'm sure many of you know that I was a victim of Granville Gibson in the late 70's. His behavior was reported to the Bishop by one of our curates at the time but was dismissed.
That curate posted this today
I agree with failure to report as an offence. Retrospective laws will never happen. It would be too dangerous a precedent to set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back