Chronicle Headline

I'd imagine they're sitting there in the Chronic offices, reading this thread and laughing about getting bites. It's a mag rag, let it go!

It's sad fuckers having a sly dig, they've done it for years.
This.
Well said Teed, the reporting on our city and football club over the last 30 years by the Tyneside based media has been a disgrace, bordering on racism in my opinion.
If you listened to Methven's interview on Radio Newcastle he pretty much alluded to geordie reporters stirring shit, he talks shite but I think he was right on that one.

Last edited:
We haven’t got a decent reporter at either paper now on SAFC , Argus will be spinning in his grave .

Agreed. In my opinion that's partly why the fan based media (RR and the likes) have grown so quickly. I know social media has taken off in general, but for us as a club there's no one official worth reading (Caulkin is good but doesn't report on us much and is behind a pay wall). Every time I see an article about SAFC in a paper it seems to be lazy, and generally written by someone who I'm fairly certain doesn't watch us regularly. The fan based stuff might be hit and miss, but at least we know its written by people who give a fuck about the club, and tragically enough it's normally no worse in terms of grammar and writing style. Both the Echo and the Chronicle are dreadful for SAFC coverage now

Like the NE media in general ! The area begins and ends in Newcastle
It's incredible really. Perversely this very attitude of superiority in all things compared to Sunderland - city centres, airports, investment, economy you name it, is the very thing that makes them small time provincial in national terms. They're so busy laughing up their sleeves at 'Sunderland' that they don't notice that the UK ignores them. Being better than Sunderland in their minds is all that keeps them going.

It's incredible really. Perversely this very attitude of superiority in all things compared to Sunderland - city centres, airports, investment, economy you name it, is the very thing that makes them small time provincial in national terms. They're so busy laughing up their sleeves at 'Sunderland' that they don't notice that the UK ignores them. Being better than Sunderland in their minds is all that keeps them going.
The nation thinks of them purely for a drinking city and fuck all else ! Their football club is big only in their own heads and the media feeds that as an easy option

Back