Christmas works night out

I do some freelance stuff, blogs and the odd magazine article. None of them appear under my name which is probably not a bad thing as they are a total departure from my usual stuff.
I also do writing workshops and talks etc. Did a webinar with Master's students last month which was interesting.
Got an email this week about an event and was asked if I was okay with photos and signing autographs.:eek::lol: I've signed quite a few books but only ever been asked for one autograph. It was in front of my friends as well so they took great delight in it.

Feel free to send the book through when it's done. Not something I know much about but happy to give feedback.
How do you go about writing articles for magazines and that? Do you pick and choose or are they sent to you? Do they pay well? I know my mate used to do some when he was at Uni but he only got a few quid an article.

:lol:

One of the lads who’s out on Saturday used to be a really close mate but turned into a jumped up tit a while back thinking he’s better than everyone else. I’m in two minds whether to be pleasant to him or rip the shit out of him. Either way it’ll be interesting cause as he gets more and more pissed he ends up arguing with himself.
Rip the piss. No other option imo.

How do you go about writing articles for magazines and that? Do you pick and choose or are they sent to you? Do they pay well? I know my mate used to do some when he was at Uni but he only got a few quid an article.
I was sort of approached. I guess with a track record it will be easier to approach other places with a portfolio. I get to choose what to write but it is very limited parameters dependent on the client's business so I ask them for ideas. Very difficult to think of something interesting with those parameters.
Pay per word appears good but depending on the subject I can do a lot of research for a 500 word blog.
Most of my other work comes via word of mouth. I seem to be doing something right and have been approached about a few projects recently. Still not making enough money but the signs are there that it is picking up.

We usually have ours on Saturday but it's been changed to a Friday this year so we're having it tonight.

We had one last week for the close knit team I'm in, but this one is for the whole firm.

Goes on till 2am but I cba tonight though, work has tired me out a bit so will be getting a taxi home at about 12. Free 3-course meal and free drink from 7 though so can't complain.

Department wide one was Thursday last week - free bar all night for about 80/90 people and plenty of crack with some new folk I hadn't previously met. Only downside was it was me first day back in work after a couple of weeks off and was jet lagged to pieces, felt pissed before I even turned up!

My close team had a one the next night and it was painful. 12 people and a few of them don't get on very much but will just keep their heads down at most times. Said people started filtering off after 2 hours with a range of excuses, hilarious to watch.

When’s yours and what doing ?
Mines today at malmaison then few beers round grey street later , half us don’t get on so gonna be a right bundle and one lad I work with is like a dog in heat always chasin a married colleague

bring some cans in here marra

I work alone and very rarely see anyone else who works for the firm, so there isn't one. I'm quite happy with that arrangement.

Went to my mate's Tuesday gone, only has two lads working with him so he invites me every year to bulk the numbers up. Ended up being 11 of us for a bit scran at El Coto and a few drinks after, decent night.

Got my works one tonight in Sunderland, planned it for a Friday night so we could have a drink after without worrying about work, but lightweights like @NathanL91 turn up hungover.

Back