Christmas Works Do

Ours is Saturday and we've had a good year. Free bar from 7pm until 1am - I'm going to be like a buckled wheel on Sunday :oops:

As it should be.
I no longer get invited to any work nights out after saying "I spend 40 hours a week with you bellends why the hell would I want to spend my spare time with you?" the first time they asked me.
Bravo fella.

Our place are off to the races for a meeting that starts early doors. Was asked, but you like going to the races. Reply was yes but not with you lot.

people who dont go on works xmas do's are absolute stinkers, wierdos, or virgins.

'oooh i'm too cool and sophisticated to be seen outside of work with you lot', only to go home and sit in your pyjamas alone eating rustlers burgers constantly checking your phone for updates from the party, or the pinnacle - a text message from those that are out asking you to come along, to which you will refuse as it will somehow give you even more street cred, even though they only want you to come so they can get you mortal off two pints and get you set about off some whopper. staying home may seem like it makes you mysterious and interesting, but in reality all those that aren't scared of their own shadow and can handle their ale are out there discussing how much of nonce you seem

people who dont go on works xmas do's are absolute stinkers, wierdos, or virgins.

'oooh i'm too cool and sophisticated to be seen outside of work with you lot', only to go home and sit in your pyjamas alone eating rustlers burgers constantly checking your phone for updates from the party, or the pinnacle - a text message from those that are out asking you to come along, to which you will refuse as it will somehow give you even more street cred, even though they only want you to come so they can get you mortal off two pints and get you set about off some whopper. staying home may seem like it makes you mysterious and interesting, but in reality all those that aren't scared of their own shadow and can handle their ale are out there discussing how much of nonce you seem
Someone's angry.

Finish at about 11, have an end of year 'meeting' during whicih we do the Secret Santa affair, talk about money for a while then piss off to some top drawer restaurant, get full of wine, champagne, whisky. Head on to some private whisky places to drink more whisky, until we're plastered. Then the older folk tend to leave apart from a few of the more game divorcee directors/partners and the young'uns head off into the night.

Probably going to call it a simialr time to the more mature folk this year, as last year break the golden rule. Also got another party the following day then one on The Monday after that. Trying not to drink as much as I usually do this year, felt f***ing horrendous by Boxing Day lastr year and spoilt Christmas a bit.

A total stab in the dark here.....you organised a works do and nobody showed up?

Depends who you work with.

If its a blokes environment fair enough but I for example work with mainly attractive girls.

What possibly could go wrong going on an all night session with a horde of horny singletons whilst your missus is back at home with hairy legs.

How judgemental are you
Maybe they are just shite and enough time is spent with colleagues through the week.

For the record I normally go but this year I’m making a stand

A total stab in the dark here.....you organised a works do and nobody showed up?
nah, think a load of my work mates are weapons, but had it all day off one lad particularly, telling anyone who will listen how he 100% definitely isn't coming on the xmas night out, dying for people to ask him why, or what he is actually going to be doing, but no one has bothered asking him. he's a total bell end, and a mag, and will be sat at home all night pulling his plonker at the thought of chatting to one of the office lasses outside of work.

theres a few like him. hiding something if you ask me
How judgemental are you
Maybe they are just shite and enough time is spent with colleagues through the week.

For the record I normally go but this year I’m making a stand

just go and have a few drinks and a bit crack on man. might make next year a bit more bearable

Last edited:
nah, think a load of my work mates are weapons, but had it all day off one lad particularly, telling anyone who will listen how he 100% definitely isn't coming on the xmas night out, dying for people to ask him why, or what he is actually going to be doing, but no one has bothered asking him. he's a total bell end, and a mag, and will be sat at home all night pulling his plonker at the thought of chatting to one of the office lasses outside of work.

just go and have a few drinks and a bit crack on man. might make next year a bit more bearable
Maybe he has better things to do?

Don’t think so I went last year and was the butt of all jokes . No thanks

Don’t think so I went last year and was the butt of all jokes . No thanks

fuck them, get back into the fuckers man. sure you must know some secrets about one or two of them? if not, make something up and accidentally let it slip to most gossipy wifey and watch the carnage ensue

something like 'you wouldnt think steve was gay would you'

Back