Christmas Works Do

When I was a lot, lot younger, I achieved legendary status at work from my ability to consume a huge amount of whisky as witnessed at one of the xmas do's.

Little did they know it was ginger ale.
xmas work do when they used to be on the premises, i was 18, drank a pint of bacardi as a dare, needless to say, an hour later was spewing up all owa the office. and running around with me top off shouting ahire..likley a sacking offence now, then, the gaffa just laughed and got me sent home.

A minefield to be trodden carefully... Ugly women turn into sexy want your body women... You think it's ok to tell the boss you think he gets stuff wrong at work.. And you get so pissed you don't remember in the morning.. But don't worry cos everyone else will remind you on Monday
Even worse now with every twat having a camera phone and filming every incident or tactless comment....

Mine is Friday 20th. It has to be because that is when the teaching staff are not in the classroom and the admin staff have always been given the afternoon off for it, so the day is picked for us as much as I think it’s a bad day. I decided I wasn’t paying £35 for a crappy lunch again so I said I’d go and meet them afterwards for a few drinks. Well that’s now not happening with the metro strikes meaning the only way I’m getting home is motorbike.

Mines tonight in town, looking forward to it. Would hate to be one of these misery’s that don’t go cause it’s ‘zany’.
As for not going because you’ve too much to lose :lol::lol: Christmas parties aren’t your issue.

We have one at graft who always make an issue about the night out , doesn’t like the venue , date doesn’t suit , instead of a polite thanks but I’ll not be attending , we all know the type.

This year we made it clear , it’s totally his choice of venue and date this time , he now doesn’t want to make a decision in case others don’t like his choice .

You couldn’t make it up.

It's ours today/tonight meeting a few early doors to watch our match (thrilling I know) then out for bait around 8 then see what happens, nee gaffers this year so should just be us workers having a laugh and letting our hair down, mixture of lads and lasses but the banter is always canny.

Had some toppers in past especially when I was at the clothing factory in Peterlee, 300 lasses and 30 lads.... 😎

Mine is Friday 20th. It has to be because that is when the teaching staff are not in the classroom and the admin staff have always been given the afternoon off for it, so the day is picked for us as much as I think it’s a bad day. I decided I wasn’t paying £35 for a crappy lunch again so I said I’d go and meet them afterwards for a few drinks. Well that’s now not happening with the metro strikes meaning the only way I’m getting home is motorbike.
Metro drivers aren’t on strike marra, it’s just an overtime ban. They’re still running.

Make no difference they are broke more than they run these days

yup, hence me getting a motorbike last year. It is handy for when you do want a few beers after work though. It's my 4th christmas party of the year and I'm going for a day I york the following day so missing it is not something I've bothered about.

Meet your new MD.

Well strangely enough he has changed his title to programme manager and has started to check up on work.

Come January the team will be down to just the boss and the creep as everyone has had enough.

It's got that bad trying to claim expenses from the creep that I now choose to get local buses to meetings which whilst cheap take up to 4 hours to get to the location. I then email and say I have to get the bus home otherwise it will take me over my 8 contracted hours.

Well strangely enough he has changed his title to programme manager and has started to check up on work.

Come January the team will be down to just the boss and the creep as everyone has had enough.

It's got that bad trying to claim expenses from the creep that I now choose to get local buses to meetings which whilst cheap take up to 4 hours to get to the location. I then email and say I have to get the bus home otherwise it will take me over my 8 contracted hours.
That sounds bloody awful.

Last edited:
Next Friday is ours, its in Blackheath which is where the boss of the company lives which is great for him but not for everyone else who will have to travel into London for 2 hours at the pub. I've declined his kind offer of having to buy my own beer and food and paying £120 for a train.
He sounds like a right tit

Back