Christmas tree prices

About the same as ours. It was about 9.5 foot at £5 a foot but a bit bushy at the bottom so the farmer we’ve been going to for years just got a saw to it and trimmed a few inches off the bottom to even it up and charged us £40.

I was so chuffed I bought 3 jars of honey off him as well to take it up to £50.
Sweet.

Bought a plastic one in Homebase in Ruislip about 20 odd years ago and looks great. Decorate it with glass spirals from the Glass centre too so it’s a tree that reflects where we have lived and come from. Ower lass ( nor) also makes decorations for it too.

I grew a plantation full of them for a shelter belt.
They used to get nicked just before Christmas, so I often stood guard hiding in amongst them on evenings with the shotgun in me hands.
Used to scare the shite out of the thieving bassas just as they we’re about to do the dirty.

I thought when they grew too big the thieving would stop, but no it continued.
The tight fisted scumbags would simply saw off the top and leave half a growing tree behind.

:lol:

Sorry mate. On re-reading your OP it is quite clear what advice you were after.

Just wondered what the people who rent a space and sell them at Christmas do the rest of the year. And whether they plant and grow them themselves and get them shipped about.

I should have asked the bloke I bought mine off like but I was more concerned with getting away and to the pub.

Just wondered what the people who rent a space and sell them at Christmas do the rest of the year. And whether they plant and grow them themselves and get them shipped about.

I should have asked the bloke I bought mine off like but I was more concerned with getting away and to the pub.
I imagine they look after their other businesses tbh. Working 3 weeks à year probably isn't going to cover your yearly spends.

Maybe work in something complimentary in terms of demand e.g. when Mr Wall branched our from sausages to ice cream as sausage sales didn’t go so well in the summer months.

Maybe work in something complimentary in terms of demand e.g. when Mr Wall branched our from sausages to ice cream as sausage sales didn’t go so well in the summer months.
Nth London tree surgery company The Tree Amigos have a massive 'pop-up forest' in the local park where you can choose your tree after seeing it standing properly rather than crushed up in a net. Not much pruning work about ATM.;)
BTW I believe Wall do sausages and ice-cream because they are both made from pig fat!

:lol:

Sorry mate. On re-reading your OP it is quite clear what advice you were after.
You actually read the OP?

Then re-read it?

What kind of freak are you?

Ours is a farmer who used to buy them in years back when the farm was quiet over the winter then spotted an opportunity and planted a couple of fields and has been growing them on for a number of years now.

Last edited:

Back