Christmas lets do it right

FootballFan

Striker
Johnson the liar is trying to play with fire.

There are multiple vaccines on the way, we are well on the way out of this, lets not mess with this bugger.

Its a war, lets keep firm and kick this bugger out, Christmas can wait. Do it as we want but this is war, we need to defeat this bugger not let it back in

There are multiple vaccines on the way, we are well on the way out of this, lets not mess with this bugger.

Its a war, lets keep firm and kick this bugger out, Christmas can wait. Do it as we want but this is war, we need to defeat this bugger not let it back in
Bah humbug

What he is doing his madness. Talk that nowhere will be in tier 1, which will cripple businesses across the country, yet household mixing allowed for these 5 days (why not 2 or 3). Looking at the opinions on social media, as well as survey data, it is actually more unpopular than I had imagined. Drakeford and Sturgeon have signed off on it too. People talking about a January lockdown now like it’s inevitable, another national lockdown would be tragic. Can see it being very divisive amongst families too. Inevitably when the period is 5 days people will take advantage of it, have x side of the family over on the 23rd, y side over on the 24th, z side on the 26th .... I can’t help but feel it’s motivated purely by politics.

What he is doing his madness. Talk that nowhere will be in tier 1, which will cripple businesses across the country, yet household mixing allowed for these 5 days (why not 2 or 3). Looking at the opinions on social media, as well as survey data, it is actually more unpopular than I had imagined. Drakeford and Sturgeon have signed off on it too. People talking about a January lockdown now like it’s inevitable, another national lockdown would be tragic. Can see it being very divisive amongst families too. Inevitably when the period is 5 days people will take advantage of it, have x side of the family over on the 23rd, y side over on the 24th, z side on the 26th .... I can’t help but feel it’s motivated purely by politics.
Labour would have done the same thing.

Very simple to settle; give the country a target of X amount of cases or an R-rate target and say when it comes down to that, these restrictions will be lifted, so on and so forth.

But as it is, we could all hide in the cupboard for 2 weeks and regardless of what the figures do, we'll be locked down in January. Might as well just have a little taste of freedom while you can

I’m not sure what’s worse, listening to the anti Covid shite spouted by some on here or listening to this holier than thou type preaching.

I’m going to be seeing my family at Christmas but this type of OP is trying to make me feel guilty for it. I’ve followed the rules since day one and will continue to follow the rules. I’ll have Christmas with family. Life is full of calculated risks and this is one I consider to be satisfactory.

I’m not sure what’s worse, listening to the anti Covid shite spouted by some on here or listening to this holier than thou type preaching.

I’m going to be seeing my family at Christmas but this type of OP is trying to make me feel guilty for it. I’ve followed the rules since day one and will continue to follow the rules. I’ll have Christmas with family. Life is full of calculated risks and this is one I consider to be satisfactory.
As I see it it’s less risky than normal. Start of a two week period where the kids aren’t at school and we are all off work. Can easily control who we come into contact with.

Very simple to settle; give the country a target of X amount of cases or an R-rate target and say when it comes down to that, these restrictions will be lifted, so on and so forth.

But as it is, we could all hide in the cupboard for 2 weeks and regardless of what the figures do, we'll be locked down in January. Might as well just have a little taste of freedom while you can

The problem is that once you set something in stone like that, you need to stick with it. That's risky in an ever changing situation.

Also people will just moan that the r rate threshold is completely wrong, or that data is being manipulated.
As I see it it’s less risky than normal. Start of a two week period where the kids aren’t at school and we are all off work. Can easily control who we come into contact with.

Slightly pedantic, but it's the middle of the school holidays. Asymptomatic children will be carrying the virus both from school at the end of the holidays to their families, and back into school again in January. People should be wary of this.

A week's extra school holiday in January seems a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
So vaccines are on the way now?

What happend to them being an unlikely event you kept telling us a few weeks back?

The problem is that once you set something in stone like that, you need to stick with it. That's risky in an ever changing situation.

Also people will just moan that the r rate threshold is completely wrong, or that data is being manipulated.

Slightly pedantic, but it's the middle of the school holidays. Asymptomatic children will be carrying the virus both from school at the end of the holidays to their families, and back into school again in January. People should be wary of this.

A week's extra school holiday in January seems a no brainer to me.

What could change about the R-rate effect? Isn't the biggest metric the R-rate and the amount of positive tests ? If both of these fall then in what circumstance could the restrictions not be allowed to be lifted ?

I think it would be a good move , politically speaking as it gives the people an easy to follow objective. At the moment, I've followed every single rule going as far as practicable and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight, other than a vaccine

What could change about the R-rate effect? Isn't the biggest metric the R-rate and the amount of positive tests ? If both of these fall then in what circumstance could the restrictions not be allowed to be lifted ?

I think it would be a good move , politically speaking as it gives the people an easy to follow objective. At the moment, I've followed every single rule going as far as practicable and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight, other than a vaccine

People need to stop getting tests, that'll bring it down.

I’ll stick to the rules that have been set , like have all year . Can’t wait for the family around

Back