Christmas Eve cheese board

Turns out we have to finish off some very mature* Wensleydale and Brinkburn first. Not sure I've had Brinkburn before, but it seems reasonable.

* i.e. we've just had to scrape the mould off them.

Got a ponte levec and a hard pyrenees sheeps cheese. Undecided on wine for them, possibly a pinot noir or a stellenbosche cabernet. Also got a canny gorgonzola to have with a sweet Reccioto della valpolicella.

I'm a bit scared that I won't like goats cheese, so always choose something I know I'll like. I don't eat cheese because on the whole I follow a reasonably low fat low sugar lifestyle and cheese is far too easy to eat too much of.

Bloody hell, I admire your resolve. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just try a little bit, it may be your fav cheese

Hope you have a great xmas

I could murder some of the creamy aged cheddar with muscatel that I got from a local shop (for local people) when I was last in the smoke. Never been able to find it in a supermarket back up here though.

The look of it scares me as I know that blue is mould, I have tried that and Brie and I wasn't impressed with either tbh :(.
Blue, green and white moulds are generally fine. It's the yellow, orange and black ones that tend to be dangerous: which is why I've never tried very mature soft goat's cheeses as they tend to have the latter.

Cheddar mature, with caramelized onion, with chilli, double Gloucester with chives, wensleydale with cranberry, mature stilton, camembert and some kind of soft cheese with wild salmon. Also have pate,prosciutto, salami and chorizo.

Back