Christmas dinner

We have decided to sack the turkey this year as although tradition its not exactly the best meat going was thinking of pushing boat out and getting a real nice a rib of beef for chrimbo dinner anyone else binned the turkey and can recommend a good alternative

Are you trying to beat Robert Peston's record for the longest sentence?

Whats it like ? never tried it had duck before and its OK is it really better than beef truly the meat of kings

bit fishy that lad
It’s delicious and you get about a gallon of fat to do roasties in for weeks. Flavour wise it’s slightly gamey and probably closer to beef than usual fowl to be honest, a sort of beefy chicken! In most things it’s the fat that gives flavour and theres loads of fat. It’s immeasurably superior to Turkey.
Are you trying to beat Robert Peston's record for the longest sentence?
We’d still be waiting for the third word if it was Peston. A three word sentence feels like war and peace the pace he speaks.

Last edited:
It’s delicious and you get about a gallon of fat to do roasties in for weeks. Flavour wise it’s slightly gamey and probably closer to beef than usual fowl to be honest, a sort of beefy chicken! In most things it’s the fat that gives flavour and theres loads of fat. It’s immeasurably superior to Turkey.

We’d still be waiting for the third word if it was Peston. A three word sentence feels like war and peace the pace he speaks.
Umm that comment has convinced me it’s Rib of Beef 🥩

We have decided to sack the turkey this year as although tradition its not exactly the best meat going was thinking of pushing boat out and getting a real nice a rib of beef for chrimbo dinner anyone else binned the turkey and can recommend a good alternative
Rib of beef is king so thread could have stopped there. Goose with crispy skin a close second.

Rib of beef is king so thread could have stopped there. Goose with crispy skin a close second.

For years we been having Turkey and tbf it’s never great so thought why not enjoy our favourite joint on the best feast of the year fook the Turkey

We've gone rib of beef and everything else is microwavable. We've cooked all year and not had a meal out. It's going to be a tough enough Christmas - family are miles away, doubt we'll see them. Whatever will make the day less of a chore and more of a pleasure.
It’s. f***ing. October. The. f***ing. 16th. Christopher
All 👏 Waitrose 👏 and 👏 Ocado 👏 delivery 👏 slots 👏 have 👏 already 👏 gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Already got two turkey crowns in the freezer.

this last Christmas with British produce is one I intend to celebrate hugely.

I advise others to do the same. The lorry tailback could affect Bernard Matthews farms in Norfolk stretching from kent

i get a rib of beef for boxing day after doing Christmas at the inlaws. Can recommend McMurchies in Hetton-le-Hole. I’d go duck for the Christmas day along with the beef

Back