Christmas decorations

They’ve changed- gin, cheese, make up, coffee, Lego all behind the doors these days. Lego ones sell out every year. I often think I should buy ten star wars Lego ones to flog on eBay, they go for substantial amounts in run up to Christmas but it feels a bit wrong.

Look Fantastic is £70 for subscribers and £85 for non-subscribers. Pre-orders sold out within a week at the beginning of September. They've only dispatched half of them so far but several have already sold for over double the purchase price on ebay:

It does feel wrong as I know subscribers in the beauty group that are upset because they missed out on buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look Fantastic is £70 for subscribers and £85 for non-subscribers. Pre-orders sold out within a week at the beginning of September. They've only dispatched half of them so far but several have already sold for over double the purchase price on ebay:

It does feel wrong as I know subscribers in the beauty group that are upset because they missed out on buying it.
I do wonder if the law is going to change at some point on that.

Years ago, if you wanted to run a market stall, you would need a traders licence. Now, anyone can start selling via eBay and it is dubious if the correct taxes are being paid. You have people blatantly exploiting things like this and business wise it makes sense. Find a niche product, buy in bulk, create a demand/shortage and then fulfill that at inflated prices. It is not right though. Worse was the people making an absolute fortune selling ordinary supermarket stuff back in March/April when morons in a panic started clearing the shelves.

It is hard to know how to hit the balance and not punish people selling unwanted stuff. I also use a lot of the eBay traders for electronic components where they buy in bulk from abroad then sell in the UK. I get stuff cheap and quicker, stuff where there is just not possible to buy locally.

About 4 weeks ago, driving through Sherriff's Hill in gateshead, noticed a Christmas tree up in someone's living room with the lights on. This was about 3.30 in the afternoon!

Loads of folk on Wearside have their house decorated now. Its not even the middle of November yet ffs :rolleyes:

*edit
I realise I may just be a miserable old twat here

Loads of folk on Wearside have their house decorated now. Its not even the middle of November yet ffs :rolleyes:

*edit
It’s a one off this year what with all the shite in the world going on.

My neighbour is currently out putting the lights up in the trees in his garden. Last year he fell from the ladder, (it was hilarious tbf ) so I’m sitting here in the chair with a coffee watching to see i get a repeat performance

*edit
No you're not a miserable old twat marra.
They are simply scratters who are putting up their Christmas decorations now.
Especially those who put lights up outside/put the illuminated animal/snowmen in their gardens.

No you're not a miserable old twat marra.
They are simply scratters who are putting up their Christmas decorations now.
Especially those who put lights up outside/put the illuminated animal/snowmen in their gardens.
I’d normally agree, but I’ll let it slide this year. Anything to help people cheer up in shit times. Our is going up on the 29th. Normally do it first Sunday in December, we’ve brought it forward a week. I’m canny excited for the four of us to spend time doing it.

He's ginger as well so plenty to blame him for :lol:
A ginger Hong Kongish person?! Rarer than white dog shit.
Can't be arsed. The thought of not having my grandson around is killing it for me.

Thank you China.
Will you definitely not see them? We've got me uncle who lives by himself. He’ll be coming to ours as normal. I don’t know if anything’s been announced yet rule wise, I’m also aware we’ll be breaking said rules if they’re in place, but we’re not leaving him on his todd.

Last edited:

Back