White city Boy

Central Defender
Every day has been like Christmas the last six months
Stuck indoors
Crap on the tv
No escape from the family
Eating & drinking to much
You may as well leave the tree up

They’ve changed- gin, cheese, make up, coffee, Lego all behind the doors these days. Lego ones sell out every year. I often think I should buy ten star wars Lego ones to flog on eBay, they go for substantial amounts in run up to Christmas but it feels a bit wrong.
Look Fantastic is £70 for subscribers and £85 for non-subscribers. Pre-orders sold out within a week at the beginning of September. They've only dispatched half of them so far but several have already sold for over double the purchase price on ebay:

It does feel wrong as I know subscribers in the beauty group that are upset because they missed out on buying it.

Last edited:

DaveH

Striker
Look Fantastic is £70 for subscribers and £85 for non-subscribers. Pre-orders sold out within a week at the beginning of September. They've only dispatched half of them so far but several have already sold for over double the purchase price on ebay:

It does feel wrong as I know subscribers in the beauty group that are upset because they missed out on buying it.
I do wonder if the law is going to change at some point on that.

Years ago, if you wanted to run a market stall, you would need a traders licence. Now, anyone can start selling via eBay and it is dubious if the correct taxes are being paid. You have people blatantly exploiting things like this and business wise it makes sense. Find a niche product, buy in bulk, create a demand/shortage and then fulfill that at inflated prices. It is not right though. Worse was the people making an absolute fortune selling ordinary supermarket stuff back in March/April when morons in a panic started clearing the shelves.

It is hard to know how to hit the balance and not punish people selling unwanted stuff. I also use a lot of the eBay traders for electronic components where they buy in bulk from abroad then sell in the UK. I get stuff cheap and quicker, stuff where there is just not possible to buy locally.

Growler

Full Back
About 4 weeks ago, driving through Sherriff's Hill in gateshead, noticed a Christmas tree up in someone's living room with the lights on. This was about 3.30 in the afternoon!