Christians and Muslims unite

"A family near me have already returned to Pakistan because of it"?!?!

They didn't think of just changing schools then if they feel that strongly about it?!

It does seem that Christians don't get nearly as much stick as Muslims for believing in made up entities. We shouldn't discriminate, all religions should be derided equally.
Exactly, if you're going to mock God/Jesus in cartoons and make jokes etc. you should do the Muslim equivalent.... oh wait.

to protest against equality classes focusing on homosexuality and gender.

Strangely the article seems to mainly focus on Muslim protesters. No idea why.

Muslim parents lead group of 300 in protest outside school gates against equality lessons | Daily Mail Online
Because they're mainly Muslim?

Last edited:
I grew up on the Lawe Top in Shields, big Muslim area, loads of mates who were Muslim-I'm no screaming gammon.

Fact is though that if you live in this country this is the culture we have here. I imagine if I moved to Pakistan and started protesting their treatment of women and gays over there outside a madrasa the reaction of the authorities wouldn't be of calm handed diplomacy.

to protest against equality classes focusing on homosexuality and gender.

Strangely the article seems to mainly focus on Muslim protesters. No idea why.

Muslim parents lead group of 300 in protest outside school gates against equality lessons | Daily Mail Online
From the school website:

"Almost all pupils come from a wide range of minority ethnic groups, which is a high proportion. Of these, just over half are of Pakistani background. The vast majority of pupils speak English as an additional language. "

From the school website:

"Almost all pupils come from a wide range of minority ethnic groups, which is a high proportion. Of these, just over half are of Pakistani background. The vast majority of pupils speak English as an additional language. "

And?

They have a git big picture of a Muslim and drop the fact that a Christian group rocked up to protest in the middle of the article.

Last edited:
Was it? It didn't give a breakdown of numbers of those protesting.
It didn't but the accompanying pictures suggest that was the case (as well as reading between the lines in the text). Not sure what angle you're taking here. Personally, I can understand there being some disquiet about some of the subject matter for children of primary school age although the overall concept of discussing the Equality Act is a decent idea. Obviously, the Mail has its usual 'spin' on things.

Back