Chris Whitty and Jon Van-Tam..

I have no problem with having a honours system which recognises good work and says thanks on behalf of the nation although there is always scope for reform. Most countries do have some form of civil awards system.

I'd agree. But increasingly its being used as a way to reward already rich and famous people for being successful.

No problem with an awards system in theory but "services to football" and "services to Broadcasting" is usually rewarding people because they're doing their job.

It should be saved for charitable work, amateur sports and ordinary people doing above the ordinary

Last edited:
I'd agree. But increasingly its being used as a way to reward already rich and famous people for being successful.

No problem with an awards system in theory but "services to football" and "services to Broadcasting" is usually rewarding people because they're doing their job.

It should be saved for charitable work, amateur sports and ordinary people doing above the ordinary

You could make a start by nominating people in those categories that you prefer. In most cases The Queen doesnt choose who to honour, nor does the government, it’s people like us who nominate the people who we think are doing an exceptional job and deserve recognition. If you have never nominated someone then you have no right to complain about those who are receiving honours. Get off your backside and nominate someone.

You can start here. Nominate someone for an honour or award

If I remember correctly during the last press conferences they seemed to distance themselves more and more from Johnson. I wonder if they knew what was going on in No 10.

Back