Chris Maguire

I'm not entirely sure his style of play suits how the manager wants the team to play because Maguire slows the game down. Hes an option to come on and produce a bit of magic like away at Crewe, but I think he'll be away in the summer.

I'm not entirely sure his style of play suits how the manager wants the team to play because Maguire slows the game down. Hes an option to come on and produce a bit of magic like away at Crewe, but I think he'll be away in the summer.
That’s obvious, he’s out of contract and there’s not a chance Johnson offers him a new deal. He’s been a good player for us, one of the best in our L1 spell.

Think it was fairly widely known we were willing to let him leave in Jan. He doesn't seem to take being on the bench very well but he's been most influential this season coming off the bench and has on more than one occassion changed the game and won us some crucial points by doing just that. He also looked absolutely paggered 30 mins into his last start for us which probably supports the theory of him being a good sub option for us.

It’s obvious there’s an issue. It needs managing better because he’s a resource we’re not getting the best out of.

Yes he’s inconsistent, infuriating at times but he has undeniable quality in the final third that we are desperate for. Same as McGeady and he’s undroppable - if they’re as big mates as it appears then keeping them both sweet, may be difference between automatic and playoffs.

He’s changed games several times from the bench for us since Johnson took over. Maybe he’s not happy with that role I don’t know, personally I’d alternate between him starting and occasionally being used from the bench, but whatever’s gone needs resolved pronto or we won’t go up, in my humble.

Costing us big time at present, been getting away with it for a while but it was never going to last.

His set pieces are woeful more often than not.

He has some games where he is absolutely exceptional and you struggle to see why he has spent his career in the third or lower second divisions but then he spends weeks not making a difference and it becomes bleeding obvious why.

He is a good option on the bench though.
My mind went back to his delivery from the bench at Crewe when no fucker could hit a decent set piece ball yesterday

Didn't take long for this thread to degenerate into classic pretendy ITK shite. Four or five people saying nothing, pretending that they know something, asking other frauds what they have heard, so they can pass it off as the same thing they have heard. But none of them able to say what they have heard, because they know fuck all.

Maybe it was a row on that long bus journey to Portsmouth?
It's not made up shite, its out there, that they did not see the same plan inc Mcguire wanted more 1st team starts but LJ did not see it that way.
This is comon knowledge.

Does the theory that 'it's the manager's job to get the most out of his most talented player and get them motivated and playing well' only apply to Phil Parkinson and McGeady? Or is it also the case for Lee Johnson and Maguire?

He’s playing for the 23’s right now. Id say that anyone who’s ever watched him play for us should understand his worth, especially as an option from the bench. He’s a better footballer than O’Brien, Gooch, Scowen who all start ahead of him - he just doesn’t have the tank that they all do, and can’t press for 70-90 mins

Back