Chris Maguire

A few months ago we were replete with ITK folk who knew the far end of a fart about anything and everything that was going on at the club. Their knowledge was almost forensic in its depth and detail. Where I’m wondering are they now?

He is our best number 10. Better than both O'Brien and Gooch. He has an excellent shot and he's decent at free kicks too. He gets important goals. He should be at least on the bench.

Josh Scowen has the worst shot of pretty much any professional I've ever seen. The ball dropped to him on the edge of the box following a corner last night and he scuffed it about 5 yards. Dreadful technique. He should be on the halfway line for attacking corners as he's no good in the air either.

He is our best number 10. Better than both O'Brien and Gooch. He has an excellent shot and he's decent at free kicks too. He gets important goals. He should be at least on the bench.

Josh Scowen has the worst shot of pretty much any professional I've ever seen. The ball dropped to him on the edge of the box following a corner last night and he scuffed it about 5 yards. Dreadful technique. He should be on the halfway line for attacking corners as he's no good in the air either.
I think different players bring different styles and skills. Maguire isn't fast as Gooch and he probably doesn't play the linking role as well as O'Brien (at his erratic best). But he protects the ball exceptionally well and scores great goals. He, alongside McGeady, is also our best crosser of the ball. Maguire should always be available from the bench.

Chris Maguire in my view has been treated badly. Very decent player to have in your squad, not been used by LJ to give us that little bit extra when we needed it.

I think LJ did not fancy him from day one. Probably reading too much into his history, suck it and see before making decisions is my view, I dont think he had a chance from the start.

Starting to think LJ is just another yes man regarding how he stays onside with the bulk of his players. Piss poor man management.

Gooch and Maguire are the only players bar Wyke who have reliably scored goals for us. I know Maguire will be away in the summer, but they should at least both be on the bench for us at the minute.

Chris Maguire in my view has been treated badly. Very decent player to have in your squad, not been used by LJ to give us that little bit extra when we needed it.

I think LJ did not fancy him from day one. Probably reading too much into his history, suck it and see before making decisions is my view, I dont think he had a chance from the start.

Starting to think LJ is just another yes man regarding how he stays onside with the bulk of his players. Piss poor man management.
Wonder if he separated him from McGeady. That said, LJ hasn't done a very good job of managing him at all. Potentially Maguire could provide a decent input from set pieces and his overall delivery is probably the best on our books. He is however too slow because of his weight.

Back