Chris Gayle

Absolute waste of a talent. Sure he'll be making $$$$$ but would've loved to see how the West Indies had fared over the years if he (and the others) had played Test Cricket.
Not really his fault though, the board didn’t want to pay them what they were worth. He’s always maintained he wanted to play Tests.

Without a doubt their board have been absolute bastards. They are the main reason WI are somewhat of a laughing stock on the international stage currently. However, I think he has to have some blame, it's been 'handy' for him, shall we say. He's not totally blameless.

Give and take on both sides. Ridiculous that the WI board insist on only picking players who play in their domestic game but equally ridiculous that players should play in the lesser T20 leagues instead while the WI FC stuff is on. Let them play BBL and IPL (and earn a fortune) then talk to them like grown-ups, persuading them to play in the WI FC game in Feb/March.

How long do people think he’ll still get contracts for in the big franchise tournaments? 41 and his stats with the bat still outweigh his weakness in the field.

If the Hundred is getting re-auctioned I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a gig this time.

How long do people think he’ll still get contracts for in the big franchise tournaments? 41 and his stats with the bat still outweigh his weakness in the field.

If the Hundred is getting re-auctioned I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a gig this time.
A few more years probably. The fact that if he faces 20 balls, he’s likely to get 50 runs.

It’s a fact that when you see KXIP are playing you think get in, chance to see Gayle. Awesome physical power even at 41. Think he’s said he wants to go on until his mid 40’s. I don’t see any reason why he can’t, going to be some busy sub fielders for whoever he turns out for. 😁

It’s a fact that when you see KXIP are playing you think get in, chance to see Gayle. Awesome physical power even at 41. Think he’s said he wants to go on until his mid 40’s. I don’t see any reason why he can’t, going to be some busy sub fielders for whoever he turns out for. 😁
The other night when he smashed his way to 99 against Rajasthan Royals, then they sent out a younger and fitter fielder for the Royals innings, can’t be fair that like?

The other night when he smashed his way to 99 against Rajasthan Royals, then they sent out a younger and fitter fielder for the Royals innings, can’t be fair that like?
I agree, there’s not a tournament in the world that won’t roll out the red carpet for him but he needs to not take the piss too much with fielding.

It’s an interesting one as there aren’t really any positions left in T20 where you can hide a fielder.

I agree, there’s not a tournament in the world that won’t roll out the red carpet for him but he needs to not take the piss too much with fielding.

It’s an interesting one as there aren’t really any positions left in T20 where you can hide a fielder.
Seen him go down in instalments a few times at short fine leg, that's the kind of token position he'll be in, straight at you, you might catch it, either side you aren't going to chase it down.

Back