Chris Cornell - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finding it very hard to listen to any of his acoustic stuff tonight :cry:

The statement from his partner backs up what some of the folk at his last gig were saying about him seeming a bit off and not all with it

RIP
Great Singer
His last tweet was a KISS reference...part of the KISS Army
Would have loved to see him perform :cry:

Finding it very hard to listen to any of his acoustic stuff tonight :cry:

The statement from his partner backs up what some of the folk at his last gig were saying about him seeming a bit off and not all with it
Maybe. But most of the live videos I've seen him in, he always looks a bit glazed/not really there.

Man, what a tremendous show - love the Nothing Compares 2 U and Day in the Life covers. I find it gut wrenching to watch at the minute, hearing that voice in an acoustic set though, just incredible..

Same here, mate. I'm going through it slowly and my phone has suddenly gained many songs over the past 24 hours.

Last night I just listened to loads of covers which he sang, such a talent.

Couldn't find an add free link to my fav one by them - found it

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never listened to any Temple of the Dog material or "Seasons" before ... amazing music.

I really don't know what I'd include in my top 5 ... songs like "Pretty Noose" are difficult to listen to now :(.

Mad seeing folk saying how much they loved Audioslave.

Be like Slash dying and everyone going on about Velvet Revolver.
I don't really get the comparison, here. Audioslave were just much more my cup of tea to be honest. I initially got into them as I liked Rage Against the Machine and I'm a massive fan of Tom Morello.

While Slash's most memorable work was undoubtedly with Guns n' Roses, you could far more easily say that much more of Chris Cornell's most memorable work came with Audioslave, or even on his own, or even just the Bond song - which I love. I don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back