1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Cornell - RIP

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Big Sharp Teeth, May 18, 2017.

1. Helmerroids

Helmerroids Central Defender

Man, what a tremendous show - love the Nothing Compares 2 U and Day in the Life covers. I find it gut wrenching to watch at the minute, hearing that voice in an acoustic set though, just incredible..

2. UTW

UTW Central Defender

Finding it very hard to listen to any of his acoustic stuff tonight :cry:

The statement from his partner backs up what some of the folk at his last gig were saying about him seeming a bit off and not all with it

3. Could have been written directly as a response to Andy Rooney in April 1994 that like.

4. cluffy

cluffy Striker

RIP
    Great Singer
    His last tweet was a KISS reference...part of the KISS Army
    Would have loved to see him perform :cry:

5. kossoff

kossoff Midfield

Maybe. But most of the live videos I've seen him in, he always looks a bit glazed/not really there.

6. Fossa

Fossa Midfield

Same here, mate. I'm going through it slowly and my phone has suddenly gained many songs over the past 24 hours.

Last night I just listened to loads of covers which he sang, such a talent.

7. osamabingeordie

osamabingeordie Midfield

Couldn't find an add free link to my fav one by them - found it

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Billy Batts likes this.
  8. kossoff

kossoff Midfield

The man even sang Christmas related songs:

9. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Striker

This has hit me more than anyone who's passed :(

Fossa likes this.
  10. Fossa

Fossa Midfield

I've never listened to any Temple of the Dog material or "Seasons" before ... amazing music.

I really don't know what I'd include in my top 5 ... songs like "Pretty Noose" are difficult to listen to now :(.

11. Thurston

Thurston Winger

I don't really get the comparison, here. Audioslave were just much more my cup of tea to be honest. I initially got into them as I liked Rage Against the Machine and I'm a massive fan of Tom Morello.

While Slash's most memorable work was undoubtedly with Guns n' Roses, you could far more easily say that much more of Chris Cornell's most memorable work came with Audioslave, or even on his own, or even just the Bond song - which I love. I don't see the problem.