1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Cornell - RIP

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Big Sharp Teeth, May 18, 2017 at 8:55 AM.

1. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

It's mental how much this has effected me.

Sat listening to these songs and it's like a soundtrack to my youth.

Particularly his audioslave stuff. Remind me of uni and being at brilliant parties getting fucked up :(

2. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Never know what's going on behind people's eyes.

3. kossoff

kossoff Midfield

4. Thurston

Thurston Winger

He was a great singer. I loved Audioslave. They were tremendous and one of my favourite bands. His Bond song also has to be easily one of the best. I'm devastated.

Cosmopolitan and fyl2u like this.
  5. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

It seems very similar in many ways. I'd assumed that Chris Cornell was going to be an elder statesman of rock, much as Gary Speed would be involved in football for many, many years.

fyl2u likes this.
  6. tooliohelmet

tooliohelmet Midfield

Best rock voice ever. It's scary how these people can have enough problems to do themselves in.

fyl2u likes this.
  7. Helmerroids

Helmerroids Central Defender

Still feel so cut up about this. Worse than anything in 2016, had his voice going through my head all day.

The man just had such a powerful aura about him, ridiculously handsome, just the epitome of a complete cool as fuck rock frontman.

The nature of his death just makes it so, so much worse. Must be a lot of forty-somethings feeling yet another part of their youth has been snatched away far too quickly. :cry::cry::cry:

JamesShunt, Fossa, dafunk2 and 5 others like this.
  8. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

Mad seeing folk saying how much they loved Audioslave.

Be like Slash dying and everyone going on about Velvet Revolver.

9. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Strange comment that like. Does it really matter if they preferred Soundgarden or Audioslave? Shows how talented he was and how much of an impact he has had musically when it's split 50/50 down the middle for which band people preferred if anything.

10. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

Was just an observation. Wasn't saying it was good or bad or being critical in any way.

11. UTW

UTW Central Defender

I prefer Soundgarden but I probably like 2 or 3 Audioslave songs more than anything he did with them. I'd imagine 90% of Soundgarden fans will like Audioslave as well

12. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

I always thought of Kurt Cobain when hearing the line 'no one sings like you anymore', it takes on a new meaning now.

Helmerroids likes this.
  13. Helmerroids

Helmerroids Central Defender

There's an unwanted extra resonance around several songs on Superunknown - Fell on Black Days, Day I Tried To Live, Like Suicide..

kossoff and ErichZann like this.
  14. SAFC Wilks

SAFC Wilks Winger

Great voice. RIP.

15. The only thing missing is being part of a group you hate but it didn't put you off him, as with Speed at the mags. Like if Chris Cornell had been in Def Leppard for a couple of years - I'd have forgiven him

kossoff and Arkle like this.
  16. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

Tragic way to go. I can never get me head round such things - especially the timing of it. Fuckin' hell man. Poor bloke - feel so sorry for his family.

On a side note - can we lay off posting all the videos as it's fucking up the thread. Fair enough one or two poignant choice tracks, but there's nee need to gan overboard posting half a friggin' album's worth. I'm looking at you @fyl2u.

JAZZMANB, Stray Cat and Billy Batts like this.
  17. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

I was doing a set, mate. It's done now so there won't be any more. Sorry if you thought it was "fucking up the thread".

18. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

:lol:

It was! Friggin' pages wouldn't load.

fyl2u likes this.
  19. kossoff

kossoff Midfield

Get better internet!

20. WASTID

WASTID Striker

Just been out walking listening to that album this morning and Fell on Black Days felt somewhat haunting. Can't believe this still.

Got tickets for a couple of Eddie Vedder gigs during the next two / three weeks. Still expecting to hear they're cancelled or postponed but if they go ahead they'll be very emotional I guess.

RIP Chris. Gone too soon.

dafunk2, Helmerroids and fyl2u like this.