Chris Cornell - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible news, what a voice he had. That's three of the big Seattle Scene front men now gone, Kurt, Layne and Chris. Someone get Vedder wrapped up in cotton wool
Although not from Seattle, you can add Scott weiland to that grunge list...

Badmotorfinger was my fave (with Superunknown in a very close 2nd place). Absolutely gutted.
My favourite song is hands all over off louder than love, raw, but still good album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed suicide by hanging, reminds me of Gary Speed in that by accounts there was nothing to suggest this was coming - happy, family happy, planning for the future etc

Some trivia for you,

The fork necklace he wore during the black hole sun video was made by Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon. After Jeff Buckley died, Jeffs mother asked Chris to semi produce his album.

The bloke was a f***ing genius like.

Some trivia for you,

The fork necklace he wore during the black hole sun video was made by Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon. After Jeff Buckley died, Jeffs mother asked Chris to semi produce his album.

The bloke was a f***ing genius like.

I never knew either of those things. Two other artists I love! Nice one!

One of the first bands I loved. Superunknown was one of the albums of my early teens. As someone else posted, it was all over the US for a while.

Haven't listed to for a long long time, so having a listen tonight. It's still good.

Never got into Audioslave, will put them on tomorrow.

Tonight may include Mudhoney, Tad, Green River and Screaming Trees amongst others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back