Chris Coleman

Would we have been any worse off if we’d given him the opportunity to get us promoted last season? Did a poor job in the championship for us but obviously inherited a mess. With the exception of Nigel Pearson and skp I’m not sure any of the names linked are any better than him.

I was gutted we parted ways with him.

And even more gutted seeing the fuckwit on STID getting aggressive at him outside the SoL.

The crazy thing is I recently rewatched the Netflix documentary with a few beers and this is probably as mental as it sounds but I thought you know what we were scoring goals for fun under Grayson we just conceded too many. Then Coleman came in he seemed to have more credibility than Grayson he filled the fans full of hope things seemed more positive the defense improved but our attack turned shite.. part of me wonders if Grayson would've sorted the defence given another month and comfortably kept us up let alone Coleman getting us out of league one

Would we have been any worse off if we’d given him the opportunity to get us promoted last season? Did a poor job in the championship for us but obviously inherited a mess. With the exception of Nigel Pearson and skp I’m not sure any of the names linked are any better than him.

We're in our lowest ever position. You could pick any of our managers over the last decade and ask the same question. It's futile.

I'll get shot down here but i think Coleman would have done a job here.
Has anyone mentioned how many kids he has? Maybe important.
Why?.....

Last edited:
Felt he deserved a go last season. I know he was shite but also felt he was unlucky. McNair was missing for ages, Watmore did his cruciate when he came in & Jonny Williams done his shoulder as soon as Coleman was in the stands watching. He lost Grabban in January who carried the team for half a year and then he was replaced with Ash Fletcher. Ruiter ended up out for the season too & he was shafted by the recruitment team bringing in Camp who literally conceded more than he saved for the majority of the time.

Games where we were playing well and he couldn’t catch a break with the keeper situation. Put Steele back in for Camp then the fucker handballs it at QPR & gets sent off. The amount of games we conceded the first shot against us. Even games like Sheffield Wednesday at home towards the end of the season we played well & then they crossed it into the box 3 times and scored 3 goals. Steele and Camp took the team down imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crazy thing is I recently rewatched the Netflix documentary with a few beers and this is probably as mental as it sounds but I thought you know what we were scoring goals for fun under Grayson we just conceded too many. Then Coleman came in he seemed to have more credibility than Grayson he filled the fans full of hope things seemed more positive the defense improved but our attack turned shite.. part of me wonders if Grayson would've sorted the defence given another month and comfortably kept us up let alone Coleman getting us out of league one
Lewis Grabban went back

Why on earth he took the job I will never know. His stock was so high after the Euros and he was given absolutely nothing here to improve a poor demoralised squad.

Disappointed a bit in his time here but I quite like the bloke and he was absolutely hamstrung by having to work with players like Camp, Steele, Love and Clarke-Fletcher

Back