1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrimbo spend

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

No need for calculator. They'll be on their phone/ipad/watch.
    Books are great though, you can never have enough books

2. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

600 quid on a kids christmas present. either i was really hard done by, or people have a LOT more disposable income these days. might as well shut down all the threads over on the politics forum regarding low wages and rising cost of food etc, everyone must be flush as fuck!

3. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

People do seem to have a lot more disposable income these days like.

4. Mary Hinge

Mary Hinge Striker

TBF they don't get a lot through the year.....so my wife sez......so Fook knaas why we can't move in a bassdad 4 bed hoose

5. No, I just don't buy my kid shit gifts.

Cowvahlo likes this.
  6. Gene Hunt

Gene Hunt Full Back

We never have a budget as such for our kids. We buy them what they have asked for and don't get hung up on spending exactly the same on them - they end up sharing things like games and consoles anyway. I would never worry that we had spent too much or not enough on them.
    This year me and the Mrs aren't getting each other anything. We are always that busy on Christmas Day that we don't open our own stuff until Boxing Day. It's all about the kids anyway in my opinion.

Cowvahlo likes this.
  7. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

in other news, shares in littlewoods and capital one rocketed, with provident announcing a shareholder dividend :lol:

8. Mary Hinge

Mary Hinge Striker

Flat screen telly's a flat screen telly innit? 2 year warranty.....

9. Nope, it will be primarily used for gaming. Input lag (the amount of time it takes for what you do on a controller to be shown on the screen) can be an issue.

10. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

You're right, but I bet your kids wouldn't tell the difference.

11. I've only got the one, I dont make the same mistake twice. :p

Buying him something that I think is shit because he doesn't know any better doesn't sit right with me.

As it is I got a good deal on a 4k HDR TV.

12. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Wow, I bet they count every pixel. :lol:

They won't give a shit either way. Obviously up to you though.

13. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

They'll probably play with the box in came in

Scimmy and AndrewP like this.
  14. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

I bet you eat the paper as well

15. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

cuddly toy each for the kids which they're too young for and think she wants to get them a couple sensory light toys. Be less than £100 each. Got her some perfume which she bought herself :lol:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  16. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

17. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

I leave the actual spending on the kids to her so I daren't ask, but things soon add up.
    I do have some input into what they get but I'm in charge of the spends for house and cars.

I've spent pushing £200 on her. I might take some of it back...

18. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Midfield

Wow, I thought we spend more than average on our kids. Some lucky/spoiled kids around :lol:

19. He will care, he's going from a 22inch that's not HD to a 43 inch 4K. He'll be chuffed to bits.

20. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Great. Mine only have a 32". Don't know if it's full HD or not like. Wasn't a Christmas present like.