1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrimbo spend

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Mary Hinge

Mary Hinge Striker

When I look at the peer pressure gadget list its looking at approx £600 per kid ages 10, 9 & 6

Getting beyond a Fookin jerk, feel like we're losing the true meaning of chrimbo and baby Jeesas.....

How much is reasonable?

2. MackemBob

MackemBob Midfield

3. Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite Central Defender

£600

Baby Jesus is all bollocks anarl

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  4. SAFCGardian

SAFCGardian Central Defender

I think its all relative to you as to what you what to spend. Someone with 3 kids will spend more than someone with one.

Some Random Guy likes this.
  5. Gutmackem

Gutmackem Winger

£599 per kid
    Seriously though whatever your comfortable with, the gadgets they all want cost a feckin fortune but you can get alternatives at a lower price, I wouldn' get into debt just to have the latest gadget which will be superseded by next xmas

Botchie likes this.
  6. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

I think I "only" spent about that between my three. £200 each still buys a shit load of toys though at their ages, they all got everything on their Christmas list anyway.

7. Speed £700 per kid minimum or you are a tight ****.

8. becs

becs Striker Contributor

I spend about £200 per child.

9. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

What gadgets are they getting?

You can get a reasonable smart phone for £130. Tablets for about £50.
    Not that kids need either, especially not a smart phone.

Its Him Again likes this.
  10. SAFCGardian

and take a photo of the huge amount of presents laid out on Christmas eve so you can show other parents on Facebook how its done?

11. If you have a huge pile on Christmas Eve on that budget you bought your kids cheap shite.

007Iron and HABA87 like this.
  12. Nintendo switch between them and a couple of games and sorted

13. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Fuck. That. Shit.

And my kid hasn't even arrived yet!

Fetch Fletch and nyron4england like this.
  14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Central Defender

It's all relative to how much spare cash you have. Few years ago we use to really struggle over Xmas. But nowadays it seems a little easier. The wife (no) reins me in a bit mind. I love buying stuff for the kids :lol::lol:

Cowvahlo likes this.
  15. I was talking about what we'd spent on our kid with someone with 3 last week. She was shocked and went "that's my budget for all three of mine". She couldn't get her head around the fact that would be my budget if I had three kids too.

Kid hasn't even arrived and he's already a cheap dad that doesn't love his shitty kid enough to buy decent gifts. :neutral:

Titus, kamaras-tash and Lambchops like this.
  16. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

Buy them one gadget between them... will toughen them up fighting over it

17. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

I actually have no idea how much we've spent on the kids - I know my bank balance has taken a hit but thats covered xmas, the boys birthday, the missus' birthday and next years golf fees

Cowvahlo likes this.
  18. SAFCGardian

We have 2, a 10 year old and the other is almost 2. we spend more on the 10 year old than the 2 year old (obviously), but once she gets older we will be spending more equally. Our budget will have to get bigger going by what the oldest is into now. Iphones and Ipads and the like.

Some Random Guy likes this.
  19. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Aye, that's the thing, as they get older, they want more expensive stuff. Thankfully mine are all similar ages, so hopefully they'll be able to share bigger presents when they're older.

20. Mary Hinge

Mary Hinge Striker

In no particular order

Laptop
    Ipod touch(they think its a way to get a phern, kids at their school have Iphern 10's....get fooked)
    Drum kit