Chopra sticking the boot in Bruce on Talksport

What I don't get is his best game for us was his first derby against them in the 1-1 Higginbotham game. He ran them ragged and hit the bar with a header.

At the time I was screaming for him to pass as Jones was unmarked 6 yards out with an open goal. Dont know whether he overhit the pass because he's just shite and tried to curry favour with the Mags after he left saying it was deliberate, or whether he knew he was off to Cardiff anyway and couldn't be arsed with the hassle.

I don't believe for one second that his move to Cardiff came about for any other reason than as a consequence of his purposefully mishit pass.

At the Carlos Edwards talk-in the other week he said Chopra had admitted missing it on purpose - reckon he would have been killed if he'd scored.
of course he did, hes trying to play up to the mags. It was clearly an attempt to curl it around the defender with the outside of his right boot to play on Jones. If he tried to miss it would have burst the back of the net.
cheers Michael, it was a MISS hit pass to Jones which gave him no chance whatsoever
You e mistaken me for someone else mate. My name isn't Michael.
It wasn't a deliberate miss but it was a piece of abject cowardice. He saw a way of getting out of scoring against his hometown club in a derby by handing the responsibility to someone else and fucked it up.
That's basically nailed it. Then claiming to have missed on purpose to try to cozy up
to the mags, what a prick.

If it arrived at Jones feet he'd have fucked it up anyway given that it was on the deck.

Last edited:
Look, the bloke is doing his best, give him a chance and give him the time it takes to do the job. That is what Sunderland supporters say about their managers. You can’t sack a man who has just lost two games and no wins to date. Read our comments before Saturday.

This - give him the full season and leave him in charge for #Derby2020.

Back