Choose a school for TT jnr

Even the special measures schools are good schools to go to. There are the schools that are getting monitored closely and the help to improve. Selfish as it sounds choose a school that suits you to. No real point of doing a few mile school run when you could walk to one in 5-10 minutes

Completely disagree. They've got incredibly high staff turnover, often resulting in a supply teacher carousel. If inspections don't improve there's a chance of it closing down. Often they're on special measures because they cant ensure the safety if your kids either. They tend to be a complete soul destroying pressure cooker.

Went tonight (then hoofed it to the match. St Aidan’s much better facility than southmoor. They’ve clearly been tarting it up in recent years. Very clear direction and very strict vs southmoor which came across a bit casual.
Anyone else been to both open evening?

Went tonight (then hoofed it to the match. St Aidan’s much better facility than southmoor. They’ve clearly been tarting it up in recent years. Very clear direction and very strict vs southmoor which came across a bit casual.
Anyone else been to both open evening?

School is not just about education. It’s about the social aspects too. Think back to a 15 year old you. Would you have thanked your parents for sending you to a single sex school?

couldn't agree more and I went there too. I was there 1997 to 2003. The facilities were appalling and now I look back the careers advice was terrible too. It was all about getting as many kids into uni whether it was right for them or not, but it looked good for their numbers.

Aye the prefabs in winter with dodgy heating wasn't exactly ideal. They must be all gone by now surely. I remember when Ofsted closed the Lyme's when they walked on site for the first day of inspection as it was such an awful health and safety hazard.

To be fair government policy at the time was uni for all and they were just following that.

Aye the prefabs in winter with dodgy heating wasn't exactly ideal. They must be all gone by now surely. I remember when Ofsted closed the Lyme's when they walked on site for the first day of inspection as it was such an awful health and safety hazard.

To be fair government policy at the time was uni for all and they were just following that.

I remember sitting in them wearing a coat during lessons because they were so cold. All demolished now though.

It is the sports facilities that they are lacking the most, having to walk round to the lyme's for a field took so much lesson time by the time you got changed you only had 20mins before having to make your way back. There's nothing they can do about it, well apart from taking back the land they sold that was behind the sports hall.

I had no problem with any of the staff at the time, sure there were some older hard arses but for the most part, they were all pretty decent. My issues with it are with the facilities, single-sex, religion and like I say, on reflection careers policy at the time, though this may have changed.

I remember sitting in them wearing a coat during lessons because they were so cold. All demolished now though.

It is the sports facilities that they are lacking the most, having to walk round to the lyme's for a field took so much lesson time by the time you got changed you only had 20mins before having to make your way back. There's nothing they can do about it, well apart from taking back the land they sold that was behind the sports hall.

I had no problem with any of the staff at the time, sure there were some older hard arses but for the most part, they were all pretty decent. My issues with it are with the facilities, single-sex, religion and like I say, on reflection careers policy at the time, though this may have changed.

I was absolutely delighted it wasted 40 mins of the lesson. If you rember I wasn't exactly fond of games or PE at the time. It was awful after playing rugby in the first session of the day, getting caked in mud and having to stay filthy for the rest of the day due to lack of shower facilities. I hated doing cross country straight after Xmas holidays as well. I walked it knowing full well there was nothing they could do to make me run.

I was absolutely delighted it wasted 40 mins of the lesson. If you rember I wasn't exactly fond of games or PE at the time. It was awful after playing rugby in the first session of the day, getting caked in mud and having to stay filthy for the rest of the day due to lack of shower facilities. I hated doing cross country straight after Xmas holidays as well. I walked it knowing full well there was nothing they could do to make me run.

just realised who you are 😅

They were really pushing the emphasis on sports last night, including the fact they have signed an agreement with Ashbrooke Cricket club to use their facilities.
It's not that far to the Lymes is it? I went to Red House and it took about 10 mins to walk to the bottom fields and that was on site.
Southmoor clearly has the better option though out of the two

Still cant decide, plusses and minuses for both options.

Back