CHiPs remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've never seen it but i totally agree with him

On Kill Bill Vol 2: "The experience of this felt like being in a room with an adolescent for two hours who won't engage you in conversation because all they want to do is play you clips from their favourite movies. I ended up feeling parental, I wanted to say "Quentin, get out of your bedroom, pull your trousers up and go and get a proper job because you can do better than this."

On Ghostbusters, I found that the complete misunderstanding of what made the original work - ie not all four trying too hard to be the comic relief at the same time, the forgettable villain, appalling writing and shocking underuse of the original cast more annoying than casting four unfunny people based purely on their genitals.

<< *) “What you have is, a comedy with no jokes, you have satire with no satire, essentially it’s just like The Generation Game with a conveyor belt of lust, greed, avarice, vice, just being wheeled in front of you and going, ‘There, that’s great, isn’t it?’”

*) “Compared to this, Sex and the City 2 is a call to arms for the dispossessed masses of the world”

*) “In terms of gender politics, The Human Centipede is more sensitive” >>

On Ghostbusters, I found that the complete misunderstanding of what made the original work - ie not all four trying too hard to be the comic relief at the same time, the forgettable villain, appalling writing and shocking underuse of the original cast more annoying than casting four unfunny people based purely on their genitals.

Well I disagree that they're unfunny because I like the cast, but I agree the film was a failure. It's an unnecessary remake and added nothing to the original. It might have worked if they'd genuinely done it as a reboot, as in 30 years later a new team wants to pick up where the first team left off. But it would still be unnecessary and they could have made five decent films with this group for what they spent on one poor one.

But (and I clearly don't mean to aim this at everyone) it's really very interesting that a bunch of absolutely heinous remakes, for which those responsible should be sealed for eternity in a pit of their own excrement,* passed by with some derision but mostly "meh." But by some huge coincidence the full tsunami of outrage was aimed at the all female remake even though it was just middlingly poor, and the outrage was elevated to violent, threatening, racist abuse by a bunch of little alt.right shit eating spunktrumpets who have decided to take a flaming torch to the whole world because women want to do some of the same things as them and be sexually assaulted less often.

*Point Break, Total Recall, Ben Hur, Clash of the Titans, The Karate Kid, Arthur, Conan the Barbarian, Alfie, Get Carter, The Italian Job, Planet of the Apes, Halloween, Robocop, Poltergeist, and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back