Chinese watercolour tattoos

Churchlanelad

Central Defender

I am not too keen on tattoos myself, but I do accept that they are very popular and fashionable. However, I do find these watercolour tattoos very pleasing.

I am not too keen on tattoos myself, but I do accept that they are very popular and fashionable. However, I do find these watercolour tattoos very pleasing.
They are f***ing amazing

I see a lot of these intricate tattoos and often wonder how well they will age. Over time details fade and they could be left with what appears to be just a large splurge of unrecognisable colour.

Surely the more traditional thick lines with bold colours would be the best to get.

Having said that, I guess when you’re old the least of your worries will be a shit tattoo.

This is just gross.

I have no idea, I didn’t know that bright colours did fade, to be honest.

All tattoos fade over time, as fading is mostly down to the effects of sunlight, it's pretty much unavoidable. Modern inks and sun cream help reduce fading though.

Changes in body composition, weight loss and weight gain can have a big effect on legibility too.

I see a lot of these intricate tattoos and often wonder how well they will age. Over time details fade and they could be left with what appears to be just a large splurge of unrecognisable colour.

Surely the more traditional thick lines with bold colours would be the best to get.

Having said that, I guess when you’re old the least of your worries will be a shit tattoo.
Ink breaks down in the skin, that's why you often see owld boys/ lasses with blue tatts- that's what colour the ink degrades to.
Just get it redone in 20 year, or covered up with a bigger, better piece

These look class - but having read the article it sounds like they’d possibly take a lot longer than a ‘traditional’ tattoo and therefore would knack a lot more. And cost a lot more seeing as most places charge by the hour .

How is the goldfish? ;)

Ink breaks down in the skin, that's why you often see owld boys/ lasses with blue tatts- that's what colour the ink degrades to.
Inks have improved a lot over the last 10-15 years and don’t fade or smudge anything like those you see on ex-navy pensioners.

Having said that, I have a “no-liner” rose and thistle against a blue background on the back of my calf and after 8 years, although it still looks great, the green of the thistle head doesn’t stand out against the blue sky anywhere near as it did when it was quite fresh.

Last edited:

Back